Hussain is maid for the challenge as Saints get it Dun
ST Albans produced a remarkable bowling display at Clarence Park on Saturday to set up a thrilling season finale in Division One. The super Saints won the toss and chose to bat first.
*St Albans 112-10(46.3) Dunstable 65-10 (37.5)
ST Albans produced a remarkable bowling display at Clarence Park on Saturday to set up a thrilling season finale in Division One.
The super Saints won the toss and chose to bat first. Matt Howeson (19), Murtaza Hussain (16), young Kyle Sharp (18) and Andrew Jones (22) made contributions but were stopped before going on to big scores and Saints were all out for 112.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, the mesmeric Murty Hussain bowled nine consecutive maidens to put the squeeze on Dunstable. Jimmy Goodwin picked up 4-27 off nine overs, Hussain claimed 3-21 off 19 superb overs and Richard O'Toole claimed 2-14 off nine overs and Jaffer Chaudhry took the final wicket as Dunstable were blitzed all out for 65.
St Albans are in third place in the Division One table and go away to league leaders Letchworth on Saturday as the season comes down to the ultimate in dramatic climaxes.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Division One standings
Letchworth pl 17 pts 344
Knebworth Park pl 17 pts 334
St Albans pl 17 pts 333
Final day fixtures
Knebworth Park v Totteridge Millhillians
Letchworth v St Albans
St Albans III suffered defeat in their crucial match against Rickmansworth II in Division Seven.
Hosts Ricky bowled well and restricted St Albans to 137 all out. Michael Eames (38) and Sam Pullan (20) made the top contributions.
In reply, Rickmansworth reached the target on 138-4 to seal victory. Guy Black and Waheed Ahmed each picked up two wickets for St Albans.
St Albans III host Hexton on Saturday and need to win and hope results go their way if they are to claim a promotion spot.