Hussain is maid for the challenge as Saints get it Dun
ST Albans produced a remarkable bowling display at Clarence Park on Saturday to set up a thrilling season finale in Division One. The super Saints won the toss and chose to bat first.
*St Albans 112-10(46.3) Dunstable 65-10 (37.5)
ST Albans produced a remarkable bowling display at Clarence Park on Saturday to set up a thrilling season finale in Division One.
The super Saints won the toss and chose to bat first. Matt Howeson (19), Murtaza Hussain (16), young Kyle Sharp (18) and Andrew Jones (22) made contributions but were stopped before going on to big scores and Saints were all out for 112.
In reply, the mesmeric Murty Hussain bowled nine consecutive maidens to put the squeeze on Dunstable. Jimmy Goodwin picked up 4-27 off nine overs, Hussain claimed 3-21 off 19 superb overs and Richard O'Toole claimed 2-14 off nine overs and Jaffer Chaudhry took the final wicket as Dunstable were blitzed all out for 65.
St Albans are in third place in the Division One table and go away to league leaders Letchworth on Saturday as the season comes down to the ultimate in dramatic climaxes.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 9 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 10 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
Division One standings
Letchworth pl 17 pts 344
Knebworth Park pl 17 pts 334
St Albans pl 17 pts 333
Final day fixtures
Knebworth Park v Totteridge Millhillians
Letchworth v St Albans
St Albans III suffered defeat in their crucial match against Rickmansworth II in Division Seven.
Hosts Ricky bowled well and restricted St Albans to 137 all out. Michael Eames (38) and Sam Pullan (20) made the top contributions.
In reply, Rickmansworth reached the target on 138-4 to seal victory. Guy Black and Waheed Ahmed each picked up two wickets for St Albans.
St Albans III host Hexton on Saturday and need to win and hope results go their way if they are to claim a promotion spot.