Hunt praises Plumb for Town’s quick start
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town striker Harry Hunt has praised his manager for the team’s electric start to the season.
In his first full season in charge, Danny Plumb has guided town to the top of SSML Division One by two points after seven games and his side has yet to lose. While the results have been impressive, the manner of them has been even more so.
Harpenden have the third best goal difference in the division with +10, bested only by Crawley Green (+12) and Welwyn Garden City’s unbelievable 21:1 goal ratio.
“With Danny, it’s nothing but respect,” said Hunt.
“I listen to what he has to say and take it on board. He instils confidence in the lads, they feel they can go out and play and express themselves without getting the hairdryer treatment.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Last year we had all the pieces but we were lacking confidence. All we needed was someone to unlock it. Tactically he’s good, too; he works the [game plan] around us to get the best out of the players.”
Harpenden travel to Hatfield Town this weekend, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe