Hunt praises Plumb for Town’s quick start
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town striker Harry Hunt has praised his manager for the team’s electric start to the season.
In his first full season in charge, Danny Plumb has guided town to the top of SSML Division One by two points after seven games and his side has yet to lose. While the results have been impressive, the manner of them has been even more so.
Harpenden have the third best goal difference in the division with +10, bested only by Crawley Green (+12) and Welwyn Garden City’s unbelievable 21:1 goal ratio.
“With Danny, it’s nothing but respect,” said Hunt.
“I listen to what he has to say and take it on board. He instils confidence in the lads, they feel they can go out and play and express themselves without getting the hairdryer treatment.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Last year we had all the pieces but we were lacking confidence. All we needed was someone to unlock it. Tactically he’s good, too; he works the [game plan] around us to get the best out of the players.”
Harpenden travel to Hatfield Town this weekend, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind