Huge promotion party for St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
There was a promotion party at St Albans Hockey Club after three of its men’s sides were elevated to a higher division.
And if that wasn’t enough the U18 girls picked up the victory in the inaugural St Albans Schools Invitational Tournament.
The seconds left it late, scoring twice in the dying minutes to defeat Richmond 3-2 and secure a place in the London Hockey League Premier Division.
The 3rds will play in London Division Three next year after winning the Division Four title.
They finished their season with a 3-0 win over Richmond.
You may also want to watch:
And the 4ths completed the set, a 1-1 draw with champions Southgate Adelaide meaning they will play in the East of England Division Three South West next year.
The U18 girls picked up the invitational trophy on Sunday after winning two and drawing one.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
They started with a 1-0 win against Queenswood School B and followed that up with a 1-1 draw with Dame Alice Owen’s School.
A 12-0 rout over Queenswood School A gave them the title.
In other scores, the ladies first team drew 3-3 with Hampstead and Westminster with two goals from Emma O’Nien and one from Ellie Watton.
Lexi Hamilton also scored twice as the 2nds beat Norwich Dragons 2-1 and the 3rds won 3-1 against Basildon with Liz Cleverly, Vanezza Zabert and Georgina Impson-Davey all scoring for the Tangerines.
The men’s 1st team finished third in the East of England Premier League after winning 4-1 against Chelmsford while the 5ths drew 4-4 with Potters Bar.