Huge promotion party for St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
There was a promotion party at St Albans Hockey Club after three of its men’s sides were elevated to a higher division.
And if that wasn’t enough the U18 girls picked up the victory in the inaugural St Albans Schools Invitational Tournament.
The seconds left it late, scoring twice in the dying minutes to defeat Richmond 3-2 and secure a place in the London Hockey League Premier Division.
The 3rds will play in London Division Three next year after winning the Division Four title.
They finished their season with a 3-0 win over Richmond.
You may also want to watch:
And the 4ths completed the set, a 1-1 draw with champions Southgate Adelaide meaning they will play in the East of England Division Three South West next year.
The U18 girls picked up the invitational trophy on Sunday after winning two and drawing one.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
They started with a 1-0 win against Queenswood School B and followed that up with a 1-1 draw with Dame Alice Owen’s School.
A 12-0 rout over Queenswood School A gave them the title.
In other scores, the ladies first team drew 3-3 with Hampstead and Westminster with two goals from Emma O’Nien and one from Ellie Watton.
Lexi Hamilton also scored twice as the 2nds beat Norwich Dragons 2-1 and the 3rds won 3-1 against Basildon with Liz Cleverly, Vanezza Zabert and Georgina Impson-Davey all scoring for the Tangerines.
The men’s 1st team finished third in the East of England Premier League after winning 4-1 against Chelmsford while the 5ths drew 4-4 with Potters Bar.