Howell looking forward to ‘tough test’
Saints manager talks ahead of Saturday’s FA Trophy clash with Arlesey Town
ST ALBANS CITY boss David Howell is expecting a tough encounter when fellow Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division side Arlesey Town visit Clarence Park tomorrow (Saturday) for their FA Trophy first qualifying round tie.
“I went to see Arlesey play, the day after we played Hitchin on the Monday, at Hemel [Hempstead] and I was very impressed with them,” said Howell.
“They’ve put together a very strong side and they actually mean business.
“They want to be at the top end of the league again at the end of the season and they have brought in a very strong central defender, a striker and about half-a-dozen other players.
You may also want to watch:
“They have all fitted and blended in well and I was impressed with Arlesey.
“It will be a good game at our place.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
City defender James Gray and striker Barry Hayles missed Saturday’s FA Cup game and are said to be “50-50” as to whether they will be back in contention for the Arlesey match.
Follow the Herts Advertiser Sport Twitter feed from 2.30pm for live updates from Clarence Park.