Hot shot in District win
Kate Horner’s rink scored a hot shot as Batchwood Ladies beat Potters Bar in the District League by 79 shots to 51.
Horner’s rink won 26-18 and Pat Savage’s rink, losing for most of the match, managed to get a three on the last end to win by one shot. The top rink June Head, Pat Chandler, Christine Vickers and skip Liz Schlatter.
As far as Batchwood men were concerned they had a great afternoon in the home match against Potten End, despite losing by eight shots. The top rink was Terry Chandler, Gordon Turner, Jim Head and Adrian Baddams (22-7).
A Batchwood mixed team lost by 22 shots away to Dunstable, and only managed to win on one of the four rinks, Ben Dean, Tricia Brady, Lee Cunningham and John Harvey (21-12).
Local rivals Townsend were the latest visitors to Batchwood. The final score went in Townsend’s favour by 29 shots. The only winning rink for Batchwood was Colin Watts, Roy Flack, Gordon Turner and John Harvey (19-17).
Batchwood men’s last match of the season was away to Hemel Hempstead and they managed a convincing victory, winning by 39 shots. The top rink was Darren Gilbert, Bob Arris and Eddie Jacobs (34-14).
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival