Hornets buzzing at kit sponsorship deal with Velocity Commerce
- Credit: Archant
Histon Hornets have seen two of their mini soccer teams receive sponsored kit from Velocity Commerce.
The online marketplace specialist has provided kit for 22 children, in their recognisable hornet stripes, through their #BackedByVelocity initiative.
Tom Martin, manager of the under-six team, reached out with a personal request and shared the story of the team, who have struggled to secure funding for match kit.
He said: “The boys were so appreciative to receive their kit, we can’t thank Velocity enough.
“On our first match out in our new kits one team won with an amazing 9-1 victory, and the other team played a great game but unfortunately lost.
“What matters though is that every single one of them had an amazing time and played with real team spirit!”
The opportunity to be #BackedByVelocity is now open to grassroots sports teams and community clubs nationwide.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
Teams and worthy causes looking for funding can get in touch with Velocity Commerce via an application form on its website.
Clubs and teams can be part of a school, college or university, or can be run by the local community, and funding can be for anything, big or small, depending on the needs of the club, from new kit and equipment, to travel expenses, to the costs of training sessions.
Eddie Latham, Co-founder and Director of Velocity Commerce, added: “Being able to support local clubs like the Histon Hornets is exactly the reason we started #BackedByVelocity.
“We’re thrilled to be connecting with communities, both locally and further afield, and supporting grassroots teams in putting their best foot forward.
“We hope to have a wide-reaching impact, helping as many up and coming talents as possible, with whatever it is that makes them tick.”
Velocity Commerce is accepting applications throughout 2020, and teams and clubs will be selected based on level of need and community impact.
Established in 2013, Velocity Commerce specialises in sales on online marketplaces, Amazon and eBay, helping brands to become category leaders online.
The business offers a fulfilment service to its clients and manages product sales from end to end, including listing, optimisation, distribution and customer service.