Hornets buzzing at kit sponsorship deal with Velocity Commerce
- Credit: Archant
Histon Hornets have seen two of their mini soccer teams receive sponsored kit from Velocity Commerce.
The online marketplace specialist has provided kit for 22 children, in their recognisable hornet stripes, through their #BackedByVelocity initiative.
Tom Martin, manager of the under-six team, reached out with a personal request and shared the story of the team, who have struggled to secure funding for match kit.
He said: “The boys were so appreciative to receive their kit, we can’t thank Velocity enough.
“On our first match out in our new kits one team won with an amazing 9-1 victory, and the other team played a great game but unfortunately lost.
You may also want to watch:
“What matters though is that every single one of them had an amazing time and played with real team spirit!”
The opportunity to be #BackedByVelocity is now open to grassroots sports teams and community clubs nationwide.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Teams and worthy causes looking for funding can get in touch with Velocity Commerce via an application form on its website.
Clubs and teams can be part of a school, college or university, or can be run by the local community, and funding can be for anything, big or small, depending on the needs of the club, from new kit and equipment, to travel expenses, to the costs of training sessions.
Eddie Latham, Co-founder and Director of Velocity Commerce, added: “Being able to support local clubs like the Histon Hornets is exactly the reason we started #BackedByVelocity.
“We’re thrilled to be connecting with communities, both locally and further afield, and supporting grassroots teams in putting their best foot forward.
“We hope to have a wide-reaching impact, helping as many up and coming talents as possible, with whatever it is that makes them tick.”
Velocity Commerce is accepting applications throughout 2020, and teams and clubs will be selected based on level of need and community impact.
Established in 2013, Velocity Commerce specialises in sales on online marketplaces, Amazon and eBay, helping brands to become category leaders online.
The business offers a fulfilment service to its clients and manages product sales from end to end, including listing, optimisation, distribution and customer service.