Honour for Radlett Cricket Club in national awards after hosting Middlesex games
- Credit: Archant
There will be celebrations at Radlett Cricket Club as head groundsman Nick Searle received a commendation at this year’s ECB Groundsman of the Year Awards.
The honour came in the out-ground venues category and goes to those people who have hosted any of the three formats with the judgement based on pitch performance and ratings provided following feedback from both umpires and captains.
Radlett hosted games in all competitions in 2019 and will be the venue of choice for Middlesex's Royal London Cup games in 2020.
Searle said: "A huge amount of work goes in to making the quality of the pitches here at Radlett as good as possible and it's always nice to have that effort recognised by the officials at the game and by the ECB.
"We are extremely proud to host Middlesex games and the challenges that come with hosting matches for a professional side are something that the ground-staff here rise to and enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
"I'd like to thank my number two, Jez Menzies, and the rest of the team for their efforts and we very much look forward to hosting Middlesex again this summer in the Royal London Cup."
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 10 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire