Home comforts prove key for Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
Home advantage proved key when Redbourn won the Junior Champion Club event last week.
Redbourn, who also won the event in 2013 when played at Bishop’s Stortford, achieved the score of 77 points in the best two from three stableford score format over 18 holes.
A total of 19 clubs from around Hertfordshire were represented in the annual event and the weather on the day was dry and bright, but a brisk wind, combined with firm and fast greens, made scoring difficult.
Jack Stevens of Redbourn achieved the best individual score of the day with an impressive 41 points from a handicap of six, a gross 71 (+1) around the par 70 layout. His score was added to by the 36 points achieved by club-mate Nick Denton, amassing the total of 77 points.
Stortford ended in second position with a score of 74 points from the team of George Durkan (33 points), Matthew Green (36 points) and Connor La Plain (38 points). Porters Park, represented by Harry Johnson (27) , Josh Stern (33) and Josh Walker (37), came third with 70 points.
You may also want to watch:
Redbourn will now progress to represent Hertfordshire in the England Golf Junior Champion Club Final event, to be played at Frilford Heath, Oxfordshire in August.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly