Home comforts for Old Albanian as they face Hull Ionians
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian’s battle to avoid relegation from National One heads back to the familiar surroundings of Woollams with a clash against another team in the dogfight at the bottom, Hull Ionians.
Last weekend’s effort in the 52-5 loss to Coventry was brave but they are top of the heap for a reason, indeed several good reasons, and Saturday’s encounter will demonstrate how much the squad has learned in adversity.
Though sometimes overwhelmed at the Butts Park Arena, the OA defence never lost its spirit and would have fared much better against a side who were not in possession of the type of arsenal Cov have developed.
Tomorrow gives the opportunity to see if this is true since, to use a nautical metaphor, Hull are in a similar boat at the lower reaches of National One.
Gavin Hogg states the squad is bullish about attacking possibilities and, given a decent share of tight possession, there is plenty of talent outside the pack.
You may also want to watch:
Among the forwards there have been the traditional changes and Ross Hamilton is unavailable this week.
His place will be taken by Danny Cutmore who has obvious pedigree and will relish the challenge.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Saracens’ Max Malins returns at fly-half, probably just for this outing, and his presence is sure to gladden the heart of Albanian’s on and off the field.
The corresponding fixture went well at the start of the campaign and, with home advantage, they will hope for another stirring result.
Kick-off is at Woollams 3pm.