Holmer Green stalemate frustrates London Colney
- Credit: Archant
London Colney were left frustrated with a 0-0 draw away to Holmer Green in a game where they could have snatched all three points late on.
The Blueboys were in total charge as the clock ticked down but they couldn’t find the elusive breakthrough.
Joe Price had a firm drive blocked and then saw another effort go just wide. Loren Maxwell burst clear but saw his low shot pushed round the post.
And a header across goal by Bobby Armstrong in the last minute was taken off the head of Maxwell just as he looked to apply the finish.
Before that new Colney goalkeeper Sam Szymczyk had a sound game, making one great save midway through the first half.
You may also want to watch:
Chances fell to both teams with Colney’s best effort a first-time strike by Joe Reynolds that bounced off the post.
Next up for the Blueboys is a trip to Hadley on Saturday before Berkhamsted visit Cotlandswick on Tuesday.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden