Holmer Green stalemate frustrates London Colney
- Credit: Archant
London Colney were left frustrated with a 0-0 draw away to Holmer Green in a game where they could have snatched all three points late on.
The Blueboys were in total charge as the clock ticked down but they couldn’t find the elusive breakthrough.
Joe Price had a firm drive blocked and then saw another effort go just wide. Loren Maxwell burst clear but saw his low shot pushed round the post.
And a header across goal by Bobby Armstrong in the last minute was taken off the head of Maxwell just as he looked to apply the finish.
Before that new Colney goalkeeper Sam Szymczyk had a sound game, making one great save midway through the first half.
You may also want to watch:
Chances fell to both teams with Colney’s best effort a first-time strike by Joe Reynolds that bounced off the post.
Next up for the Blueboys is a trip to Hadley on Saturday before Berkhamsted visit Cotlandswick on Tuesday.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills