Holly Sheridan scores three as City Ladies trounce AFC Dunstable
St Albans City Ladies got back to winning ways with a 5-0 win over AFC Dunstable.
Saints quickly shrugged off last week’s County Cup loss against Sherradswood as Holly Sheridan netted two early goals.
Some outstanding build up play through the rest of the first half saw City maintain control of the game but with the windy conditions it was not always easy.
St Albans had the wind in their backs in the second half and found it easier to keep possession, highlighting the gulf between the two teams.
Sophie Joseph made it 3-0 with a dynamic run resulting in a one-on-one, which the keeper saved, but was helpless to stop Joseph calmly slotting home the rebound.
You may also want to watch:
The fourth goal came with Joseph breaking down the left and putting in a great cross for Sheridan to grab her third and get her first hat-trick for City.
City’s fifth and final goal came from a break by Georga Knight down the right to set up a great chance that Renae Mooney took with ease; her first senior goal for the club.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammaro, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Rachel Sherlow, Sarah Ward, Lucy Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Renae Mooney, Sophie Joseph, Amy Crumpler, Molly Slade Georga Knight, Holly Sheridan, Laura Noble.