Holly Sheridan scores three as City Ladies trounce AFC Dunstable
St Albans City Ladies got back to winning ways with a 5-0 win over AFC Dunstable.
Saints quickly shrugged off last week’s County Cup loss against Sherradswood as Holly Sheridan netted two early goals.
Some outstanding build up play through the rest of the first half saw City maintain control of the game but with the windy conditions it was not always easy.
St Albans had the wind in their backs in the second half and found it easier to keep possession, highlighting the gulf between the two teams.
Sophie Joseph made it 3-0 with a dynamic run resulting in a one-on-one, which the keeper saved, but was helpless to stop Joseph calmly slotting home the rebound.
You may also want to watch:
The fourth goal came with Joseph breaking down the left and putting in a great cross for Sheridan to grab her third and get her first hat-trick for City.
City’s fifth and final goal came from a break by Georga Knight down the right to set up a great chance that Renae Mooney took with ease; her first senior goal for the club.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 5 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 8 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammaro, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Rachel Sherlow, Sarah Ward, Lucy Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Renae Mooney, Sophie Joseph, Amy Crumpler, Molly Slade Georga Knight, Holly Sheridan, Laura Noble.