Hockey roundup: Harpenden II remain bottom
HARPENDEN II remain bottom of the East 3SW table after a 3-1 defeat to county rivals Hertford. The Harps second string are now three points adrift at the bottom and resume their campaign on January 16 with a trip to Berkhamsted I. There was better news fo
HARPENDEN II remain bottom of the East 3SW table after a 3-1 defeat to county rivals Hertford.
The Harps second string are now three points adrift at the bottom and resume their campaign on January 16 with a trip to Berkhamsted I.
There was better news for Harpenden Men's III who won 3-0 at Winchmore Hill & Enfield. Jack Ashton, Matty Duffy and David Waters got the goals that sealed the points for the III.
Harpenden Ladies I lost at home going down 4-1 to Potters Bar I in Division 2SW. The defeat sees Potters Bar draw level on points with their opponents with Harps in fifth place at the Christmas break.
A goal from Michelle Humphrey couldn't stop Harpenden Ladies II from losing to Shefford & Sandy III 2-1.
St Albans Men's II ran out 4-2 winners against London Wayfarers Heavies in the London Hockey League Division Two, a result that takes the Saints joint top of the division alongside their opponents and Teddington II.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 9 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
The Saints' Men's III side lost 2-0 Wimbledon V and St Albans V saw off Rickmansworth II 3-2.