Hockey roundup: Harpenden II remain bottom
HARPENDEN II remain bottom of the East 3SW table after a 3-1 defeat to county rivals Hertford. The Harps second string are now three points adrift at the bottom and resume their campaign on January 16 with a trip to Berkhamsted I. There was better news fo
HARPENDEN II remain bottom of the East 3SW table after a 3-1 defeat to county rivals Hertford.
The Harps second string are now three points adrift at the bottom and resume their campaign on January 16 with a trip to Berkhamsted I.
There was better news for Harpenden Men's III who won 3-0 at Winchmore Hill & Enfield. Jack Ashton, Matty Duffy and David Waters got the goals that sealed the points for the III.
Harpenden Ladies I lost at home going down 4-1 to Potters Bar I in Division 2SW. The defeat sees Potters Bar draw level on points with their opponents with Harps in fifth place at the Christmas break.
You may also want to watch:
A goal from Michelle Humphrey couldn't stop Harpenden Ladies II from losing to Shefford & Sandy III 2-1.
St Albans Men's II ran out 4-2 winners against London Wayfarers Heavies in the London Hockey League Division Two, a result that takes the Saints joint top of the division alongside their opponents and Teddington II.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
The Saints' Men's III side lost 2-0 Wimbledon V and St Albans V saw off Rickmansworth II 3-2.