Hat-trick for Humphris helps St Albans potentially finish on a high
- Credit: Archant
If this is to be the final weekend of the season then St Albans and Harpenden hockey clubs both had some positives results to take into the summer.
There is only meant to be one game remaining in the season anyway but the Saints women came away from their penultimate fixture in Division One South with a 3-2 success at Sevenoaks.
In what was only their second win of a difficult season, it was a storming first-half which saw Natasha Humphris bag a hat-trick from three penalty corners that paved the way.
Over in the Conference East the Tangerines’ men drew 1-1 at Oaklands against Bromley & Beckenham thanks to a Dave Williams goal just after half-time.
They sit fifth in the table.
You may also want to watch:
In East League Division Two South there was a 2-2 draw for Harpenden’s men at Berkhamsted.
Unfortunately though for the Woollams-based club’s women they lost 5-0 at Stevenage.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack