Hockey: Crowson hat-trick helps Tangerines close gap
- Credit: Archant
In a battle of second and third, St Albans closed the gap on East Grinstead with a 3-0 win away from home.
Megan Crowson’s hat-trick settled the tie as the Tangerines moved within three points of second place with four games of the season remaining.
Holcombe have all but secured the league title as they have a nine-point cushion at the top but, after the weekend’s result, second place it up for grabs between the two newly-promoted sides.
And, with a slightly easier slate of fixtures remaining, St Albans are well placed to finish the season as runners-up.
The men’s team slipped to the foot of the table with a 6-0 loss to second-placed Southgate. A bad weekend was made even worse with the previous bottom side, Brighton and Hove, picking up a 5-1 win over Teddington.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans are one point adrift of Brighton and Hove and will look to swap places with their relegation rivals on Sunday when they host Richmond and Cambridge City respectively.
Other result: men’s 2nds 3 Hampstead & Westminster 1sts 4.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions