Hockey: Crowson hat-trick helps Tangerines close gap
- Credit: Archant
In a battle of second and third, St Albans closed the gap on East Grinstead with a 3-0 win away from home.
Megan Crowson’s hat-trick settled the tie as the Tangerines moved within three points of second place with four games of the season remaining.
Holcombe have all but secured the league title as they have a nine-point cushion at the top but, after the weekend’s result, second place it up for grabs between the two newly-promoted sides.
And, with a slightly easier slate of fixtures remaining, St Albans are well placed to finish the season as runners-up.
The men’s team slipped to the foot of the table with a 6-0 loss to second-placed Southgate. A bad weekend was made even worse with the previous bottom side, Brighton and Hove, picking up a 5-1 win over Teddington.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans are one point adrift of Brighton and Hove and will look to swap places with their relegation rivals on Sunday when they host Richmond and Cambridge City respectively.
Other result: men’s 2nds 3 Hampstead & Westminster 1sts 4.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?