Hockey club stay top of Premier League
- Credit: Chris Hobson
St Albans Hockey Club Men’s team kepttheir grip at the top of the East of England Premier League after a comfortable success on Saturday at Oaklands.
Two goals from Matt Davey and one each from Craig Smith and David Williams gave the Tangerines a 4-0 win over Ipswich.
The win was the sixth of the campaign and leaves them two points ahead of Wapping and Old Loughtonians.
There was a double success for the Ladies’ 2nd team this weekend.
On Saturday they enjoyed a 3-1 win over Maidstone in the league before hitting 10 past Towcester in Sunday’s cup game.
You may also want to watch:
Jo Martin, Sarah Embrey and Lottie Simpson scored on Saturday with Lexi Hamilton (three), Natasha Humphris (two), Fiona Nekeman (two), Maddy Davies, Em Thompson and Lucy Mann grabbing Sunday’s goals.
The 3rds drew 1-1 with local rivals Harpenden at Oaklands with Charlotte Baron scoring for the home side.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
The Boadiceas were also celebrating after winning 4-1 against Bishop Stortford.
Sian Island, with two, Tamsin Warren and Lou Jackman all beat the keeper.
Josh Rose and Harrison Briggs both scored twice as the men’s 3rd team won 5-1 win against Teddington while the 7ths drew 0-0 with Letchworth.
The 8ths won 5-0 against Hertford thanks to goals from Nathan Murley, Matt Stevens, Ben Lavelle, Steve Fox and Ashley Murenha.