Hockey club stay top of Premier League
- Credit: Chris Hobson
St Albans Hockey Club Men’s team kepttheir grip at the top of the East of England Premier League after a comfortable success on Saturday at Oaklands.
Two goals from Matt Davey and one each from Craig Smith and David Williams gave the Tangerines a 4-0 win over Ipswich.
The win was the sixth of the campaign and leaves them two points ahead of Wapping and Old Loughtonians.
There was a double success for the Ladies’ 2nd team this weekend.
On Saturday they enjoyed a 3-1 win over Maidstone in the league before hitting 10 past Towcester in Sunday’s cup game.
You may also want to watch:
Jo Martin, Sarah Embrey and Lottie Simpson scored on Saturday with Lexi Hamilton (three), Natasha Humphris (two), Fiona Nekeman (two), Maddy Davies, Em Thompson and Lucy Mann grabbing Sunday’s goals.
The 3rds drew 1-1 with local rivals Harpenden at Oaklands with Charlotte Baron scoring for the home side.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
The Boadiceas were also celebrating after winning 4-1 against Bishop Stortford.
Sian Island, with two, Tamsin Warren and Lou Jackman all beat the keeper.
Josh Rose and Harrison Briggs both scored twice as the men’s 3rd team won 5-1 win against Teddington while the 7ths drew 0-0 with Letchworth.
The 8ths won 5-0 against Hertford thanks to goals from Nathan Murley, Matt Stevens, Ben Lavelle, Steve Fox and Ashley Murenha.