Hockey club stay top of Premier League
- Credit: Chris Hobson
St Albans Hockey Club Men’s team kepttheir grip at the top of the East of England Premier League after a comfortable success on Saturday at Oaklands.
Two goals from Matt Davey and one each from Craig Smith and David Williams gave the Tangerines a 4-0 win over Ipswich.
The win was the sixth of the campaign and leaves them two points ahead of Wapping and Old Loughtonians.
There was a double success for the Ladies’ 2nd team this weekend.
On Saturday they enjoyed a 3-1 win over Maidstone in the league before hitting 10 past Towcester in Sunday’s cup game.
Jo Martin, Sarah Embrey and Lottie Simpson scored on Saturday with Lexi Hamilton (three), Natasha Humphris (two), Fiona Nekeman (two), Maddy Davies, Em Thompson and Lucy Mann grabbing Sunday’s goals.
The 3rds drew 1-1 with local rivals Harpenden at Oaklands with Charlotte Baron scoring for the home side.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
The Boadiceas were also celebrating after winning 4-1 against Bishop Stortford.
Sian Island, with two, Tamsin Warren and Lou Jackman all beat the keeper.
Josh Rose and Harrison Briggs both scored twice as the men’s 3rd team won 5-1 win against Teddington while the 7ths drew 0-0 with Letchworth.
The 8ths won 5-0 against Hertford thanks to goals from Nathan Murley, Matt Stevens, Ben Lavelle, Steve Fox and Ashley Murenha.