Hockey club stay top of Premier League
- Credit: Chris Hobson
St Albans Hockey Club Men’s team kepttheir grip at the top of the East of England Premier League after a comfortable success on Saturday at Oaklands.
Two goals from Matt Davey and one each from Craig Smith and David Williams gave the Tangerines a 4-0 win over Ipswich.
The win was the sixth of the campaign and leaves them two points ahead of Wapping and Old Loughtonians.
There was a double success for the Ladies’ 2nd team this weekend.
On Saturday they enjoyed a 3-1 win over Maidstone in the league before hitting 10 past Towcester in Sunday’s cup game.
Jo Martin, Sarah Embrey and Lottie Simpson scored on Saturday with Lexi Hamilton (three), Natasha Humphris (two), Fiona Nekeman (two), Maddy Davies, Em Thompson and Lucy Mann grabbing Sunday’s goals.
The 3rds drew 1-1 with local rivals Harpenden at Oaklands with Charlotte Baron scoring for the home side.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 9 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The Boadiceas were also celebrating after winning 4-1 against Bishop Stortford.
Sian Island, with two, Tamsin Warren and Lou Jackman all beat the keeper.
Josh Rose and Harrison Briggs both scored twice as the men’s 3rd team won 5-1 win against Teddington while the 7ths drew 0-0 with Letchworth.
The 8ths won 5-0 against Hertford thanks to goals from Nathan Murley, Matt Stevens, Ben Lavelle, Steve Fox and Ashley Murenha.