Highs and lows for Old Albanian pair on England duty
- Credit: Archant
Saracens and Old Albanian youngster Ali Crossdale has been ruled out of the remainder of the U20 World Rugby Championship.
The young winger sustained an injury England’s opening pool game against Argentina, which they won 39-18, and subsequently missed the 43-5 success over Italy.
He will now be replaced by London Irish’s Matt Williams for today’s (Thursday) final pool game versus Scotland.
England face a semi-final tie on Tuesday. with the final scheduled for June 17.
There was better news though for another Old Albanian playing in the white of England.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Watt started in England Counties’ 40-5 win over Romania A in Bucharest.
It was the second win for the squad on their three-match tour to Eastern Europe and will conclude with a game against the Romanian national team.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Former OA Karl Garside also appeared, coming off the bench as a half-time replacement.