High-flying Ebbsfleet United send Saints to fifth loss in a row
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City were beaten 3-0 at Clarence Park by second in the table Ebbsfleet United on Saturday.
It was a fifth National League South loss in a row for the Saints who sit ninth in the standings.
The game was settled by the half-time with United already 3-0 up.
Sam Deering gave them a 28th minute lead tucking in past James Russell and seven minutes later it was 2-0.
Jack Powell doubled the lead with a curling direct free-kick into the top corner.
The third was to come when City’s Joe Robinson failed to clear and Danny Kedwell capitalised.
The second half saw Ebbsfleet take their foot off the gas, with Saints unable to pull a goal back to put them under pressure.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard as garages catch fire in village near St Albans
- 3 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 4 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Man breaks ankle during 'assault' in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 7 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 8 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 9 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 10 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
Next up for St Albans is a trip to Gosport on Saturday.