High-flying Ebbsfleet United send Saints to fifth loss in a row
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City were beaten 3-0 at Clarence Park by second in the table Ebbsfleet United on Saturday.
It was a fifth National League South loss in a row for the Saints who sit ninth in the standings.
The game was settled by the half-time with United already 3-0 up.
Sam Deering gave them a 28th minute lead tucking in past James Russell and seven minutes later it was 2-0.
Jack Powell doubled the lead with a curling direct free-kick into the top corner.
You may also want to watch:
The third was to come when City’s Joe Robinson failed to clear and Danny Kedwell capitalised.
The second half saw Ebbsfleet take their foot off the gas, with Saints unable to pull a goal back to put them under pressure.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Next up for St Albans is a trip to Gosport on Saturday.