High-flying Ebbsfleet United send Saints to fifth loss in a row
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City were beaten 3-0 at Clarence Park by second in the table Ebbsfleet United on Saturday.
It was a fifth National League South loss in a row for the Saints who sit ninth in the standings.
The game was settled by the half-time with United already 3-0 up.
Sam Deering gave them a 28th minute lead tucking in past James Russell and seven minutes later it was 2-0.
Jack Powell doubled the lead with a curling direct free-kick into the top corner.
You may also want to watch:
The third was to come when City’s Joe Robinson failed to clear and Danny Kedwell capitalised.
The second half saw Ebbsfleet take their foot off the gas, with Saints unable to pull a goal back to put them under pressure.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Next up for St Albans is a trip to Gosport on Saturday.