Heybridge Swifts v St Albans City Preview
Heybridge Swifts v St Albans City FA Cup Second Qualifying Round Saturday, September 26 - 3pm KO Where: Scraley Road Stadium, Heybridge, Maldon, Essex, CM9 8JA (Tel: 01621 852978) Who: City start their FA Cup trail in Essex this weekend with a trip to R
Heybridge Swifts v St Albans City
FA Cup Second Qualifying Round
Saturday, September 26 - 3pm KO
Where: Scraley Road Stadium, Heybridge, Maldon, Essex, CM9 8JA (Tel: 01621 852978)
Who: City start their FA Cup trail in Essex this weekend with a trip to Ryman Division One North side Heybridge Swifts. Heybridge progressed to this round after a 4-3 penalty shootout win over Stanway Rovers. The Swifts are managed by former Wimbledon, Colchester and Wycombe player Wayne Bond.
Season so far: Heybridge are currently 14th in Ryman Division One North after a slow start to the season. The Swifts have just three wins to their name from nine games but did beat Thamesmead Town 2-0 last time out.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Last meeting: The sides last met in November 2005 when City won 1-0 at Scraley Road in the Third Qualifying Round of the FA Trophy, Dean Cracknell's 10th minute goal all that separated the sides on that occasion.
Players: Jamie Thurlbourne is back in contention for City following the completion of his suspension but James Fisher still has one game left of his suspension. Drew Roberts is unlikely to feature after injuring himself in the 2-0 win at Weymouth last week, leaving City short on options up front.