Herts Senior Cup quarter-final draw made
THE Herts Senior Challenge Cup quarter-final draw was made last night (Wednesday), writes Sam Glanz.
Two teams from the Herts Advertiser region remain in the competition, with St Albans City being drawn at home to Hemel Hempstead Town and Colney Heath hosting Royston Town.
Following their last minute win against a Watford XI on Tuesday night, the game will be a tough test for The Saints with Hemel currently leading the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division by three points.
In their one previous meeting this season, Hemel knocked St Albans out of the Red Insure Cup beating them 3-2 at Clarence Park.
Colney Heath, of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, also face a tough tie against Evo-Stik Southern Central side Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Heath has claimed a 4-1 derby victory over London Colney to secure their place in the quarter-final.
The full draw is:
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
St Albans City v Hemel Hempstead Town
Bishop’s Stortford or Cheshunt v Ware or Barnet
St Margaretsbury or Leverstock Green v Potters Bar Town
Colney Heath v Royston Town
The ties will be played the week commencing January 21, 2013.