Herts Senior Cup quarter-final draw made
THE Herts Senior Challenge Cup quarter-final draw was made last night (Wednesday), writes Sam Glanz.
Two teams from the Herts Advertiser region remain in the competition, with St Albans City being drawn at home to Hemel Hempstead Town and Colney Heath hosting Royston Town.
Following their last minute win against a Watford XI on Tuesday night, the game will be a tough test for The Saints with Hemel currently leading the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division by three points.
In their one previous meeting this season, Hemel knocked St Albans out of the Red Insure Cup beating them 3-2 at Clarence Park.
Colney Heath, of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, also face a tough tie against Evo-Stik Southern Central side Royston.
Heath has claimed a 4-1 derby victory over London Colney to secure their place in the quarter-final.
The full draw is:
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 8 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
St Albans City v Hemel Hempstead Town
Bishop’s Stortford or Cheshunt v Ware or Barnet
St Margaretsbury or Leverstock Green v Potters Bar Town
Colney Heath v Royston Town
The ties will be played the week commencing January 21, 2013.