Herts Senior Cup quarter-final draw made
THE Herts Senior Challenge Cup quarter-final draw was made last night (Wednesday), writes Sam Glanz.
Two teams from the Herts Advertiser region remain in the competition, with St Albans City being drawn at home to Hemel Hempstead Town and Colney Heath hosting Royston Town.
Following their last minute win against a Watford XI on Tuesday night, the game will be a tough test for The Saints with Hemel currently leading the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division by three points.
In their one previous meeting this season, Hemel knocked St Albans out of the Red Insure Cup beating them 3-2 at Clarence Park.
Colney Heath, of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, also face a tough tie against Evo-Stik Southern Central side Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Heath has claimed a 4-1 derby victory over London Colney to secure their place in the quarter-final.
The full draw is:
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
St Albans City v Hemel Hempstead Town
Bishop’s Stortford or Cheshunt v Ware or Barnet
St Margaretsbury or Leverstock Green v Potters Bar Town
Colney Heath v Royston Town
The ties will be played the week commencing January 21, 2013.