Sandridge Rovers start with a six as grassroots football returns
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Sandridge Rovers returned with a bang after months of inactivity as they recorded a thumping win in the first of the Herts Senior County League Premier Division Cup games.
Harry Seeby scored twice and there were goals for Shaun Murphy, Greg Shaw, Tom Mileham and Paolo Montella as Harefield United Reserves were beaten 6-1.
Wheathampstead Wanderers were involved in arguably the game of the day in the Division One Cup as they drew 4-4 with Old Parmiterians.
Stephen Buckler got two here with the others coming from Mali Dunisha and Gareth Folwell.
Each division has been split into four groups of our with the winners of each group advancing to the next stage.
Colney Heath Res didn't have as good a start though back in the Premier Division as they lost 2-0 to Bush Hill Rangers although the first team did record a 3-0 win in a friendly at Bovingdon, George Devine getting two and Bailey Stevenson one.
They start their Spartan South Midlands League Spring Cup campaign on Saturday away to Leverstock Green.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind