Herts lose out at OAs
Hertfordshire 19 Crawshay s Welsh 45 AS part of Hertfordshire s preparations for this season s County Championship, they hosted Crawshay s Welsh RFC on Sunday at Old Albanian RFC. The match also honoured the memory of Vivian Jenkins,
Hertfordshire 19 Crawshay's Welsh 45
AS part of Hertfordshire's preparations for this season's County Championship, they hosted Crawshay's Welsh RFC on Sunday at Old Albanian RFC.
The match also honoured the memory of Vivian Jenkins, the former Welsh International, who lived his later years in Harpenden. Vivian was a life member of Hertfordshire RFU and was also President of Crawshay's Welsh XV at the time of his death.
In the second half, Old Albanian star Mike Mansfield sprinted over the line on his home ground after a fine break from Ian Crompton. Mansfield converted the score and later Tryfan Edwards, of OAs, added a good try.
You may also want to watch:
A 45-19 defeat was no disgrace, especially as honours were even in the second half at 19 apiece. Mark Evans made it a trio of OA players on show for the county while Ed Coy, of St Albans, and Jon Arrowsmith, of Harpenden, came on as replacements.
Hertfordshire's Shield campaign opens against Eastern Counties at West Norfolk RFC on Saturday.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high