Herts lose out at OAs
Hertfordshire 19 Crawshay s Welsh 45 AS part of Hertfordshire s preparations for this season s County Championship, they hosted Crawshay s Welsh RFC on Sunday at Old Albanian RFC. The match also honoured the memory of Vivian Jenkins,
Hertfordshire 19 Crawshay's Welsh 45
AS part of Hertfordshire's preparations for this season's County Championship, they hosted Crawshay's Welsh RFC on Sunday at Old Albanian RFC.
The match also honoured the memory of Vivian Jenkins, the former Welsh International, who lived his later years in Harpenden. Vivian was a life member of Hertfordshire RFU and was also President of Crawshay's Welsh XV at the time of his death.
In the second half, Old Albanian star Mike Mansfield sprinted over the line on his home ground after a fine break from Ian Crompton. Mansfield converted the score and later Tryfan Edwards, of OAs, added a good try.
You may also want to watch:
A 45-19 defeat was no disgrace, especially as honours were even in the second half at 19 apiece. Mark Evans made it a trio of OA players on show for the county while Ed Coy, of St Albans, and Jon Arrowsmith, of Harpenden, came on as replacements.
Hertfordshire's Shield campaign opens against Eastern Counties at West Norfolk RFC on Saturday.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital