Herts lose out at OAs
Hertfordshire 19 Crawshay s Welsh 45 AS part of Hertfordshire s preparations for this season s County Championship, they hosted Crawshay s Welsh RFC on Sunday at Old Albanian RFC. The match also honoured the memory of Vivian Jenkins,
Hertfordshire 19 Crawshay's Welsh 45
AS part of Hertfordshire's preparations for this season's County Championship, they hosted Crawshay's Welsh RFC on Sunday at Old Albanian RFC.
The match also honoured the memory of Vivian Jenkins, the former Welsh International, who lived his later years in Harpenden. Vivian was a life member of Hertfordshire RFU and was also President of Crawshay's Welsh XV at the time of his death.
In the second half, Old Albanian star Mike Mansfield sprinted over the line on his home ground after a fine break from Ian Crompton. Mansfield converted the score and later Tryfan Edwards, of OAs, added a good try.
A 45-19 defeat was no disgrace, especially as honours were even in the second half at 19 apiece. Mark Evans made it a trio of OA players on show for the county while Ed Coy, of St Albans, and Jon Arrowsmith, of Harpenden, came on as replacements.
Hertfordshire's Shield campaign opens against Eastern Counties at West Norfolk RFC on Saturday.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan