Herts League: Champion OAs maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian thirds kept their unbeaten record going with victory over Holtwhites Trinibis.
The Saracens Herts League Divisionn 10A champions were sent into the field after losing the toss and saw their rivals make 201-8 from 50 overs.
Veteran Tom Preest found some turn to finish as the pick of the OAs attack with a fine 5-35 haul.
And Tom Cresswell set the tone in reply, hitting five boundaries in a quickfire 23 to set OAs on their way.
Mazhar Iqbal (38) and Arif Hassan (71) continued the good work, before a hard-hit 41 from Gyan Rhodes saw OAs to their target in only 35 overs, with four wickets in hand.
OAs host Chorleywood thirds in the final match of their season this weekend.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival