Herts women claim regional golf title with win over Essex
- Credit: HERTS GOLF
Hertfordshire Golf's ladies will play on the national stage after winning the Eastern Region County Match Days.
Played at Stoke-by-Nayland, north of Colchester, the annual event is contested by the counties of Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Cambs & Hunts, Norfolk, Essex and Hertfordshire.
The format for the three-day event this year was new with each county playing two others on Friday and Saturday.
Each inter-county match consisted of two foursomes followed by three singles matches, with two points for a win and one point for a tie.
By the end of it, Herts had accrued five points and were one point behind Essex going into Sunday's game between the two.
And in the crucial decider Herts won 3-2 to get through.
They now go on to play in the finals at Denham Golf Club near Uxbridge in September.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 4 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 7 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 10 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
The Hertfordshire team was Ellie Farwell (Sandy Lodge), Emmanuelle Hewson (Mid Herts), Honor Keilty (West Herts), Maddie Rolph (Centurion), Mawgan Vater (East Herts), Rebecca Earl (Bishop's Stortford), Zainab Jeppe (Mill Green) and Millie Pratten (Essendon).
They were skippered by Denise Fiori of Sandy Lodge while the team advisers were Ellen Hume of Mill Green and Hadley Wood's Julie Nedza.