Herts women claim regional golf title with win over Essex
- Credit: HERTS GOLF
Hertfordshire Golf's ladies will play on the national stage after winning the Eastern Region County Match Days.
Played at Stoke-by-Nayland, north of Colchester, the annual event is contested by the counties of Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Cambs & Hunts, Norfolk, Essex and Hertfordshire.
The format for the three-day event this year was new with each county playing two others on Friday and Saturday.
Each inter-county match consisted of two foursomes followed by three singles matches, with two points for a win and one point for a tie.
By the end of it, Herts had accrued five points and were one point behind Essex going into Sunday's game between the two.
And in the crucial decider Herts won 3-2 to get through.
They now go on to play in the finals at Denham Golf Club near Uxbridge in September.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 5 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 6 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 7 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
The Hertfordshire team was Ellie Farwell (Sandy Lodge), Emmanuelle Hewson (Mid Herts), Honor Keilty (West Herts), Maddie Rolph (Centurion), Mawgan Vater (East Herts), Rebecca Earl (Bishop's Stortford), Zainab Jeppe (Mill Green) and Millie Pratten (Essendon).
They were skippered by Denise Fiori of Sandy Lodge while the team advisers were Ellen Hume of Mill Green and Hadley Wood's Julie Nedza.