Herts golf gets a sponsor
GOLF by Alan Booth: HERTS county golfers will be wearing a new outfit with pride for their matches next season – that of London Pride. For the first time Hertfordshire Golf Union has gained its first major sponsor – brewers Fullers London Pride – and Hert
GOLF by Alan Booth: HERTS county golfers will be wearing a new outfit with pride for their matches next season - that of London Pride.
For the first time Hertfordshire Golf Union has gained its first major sponsor - brewers Fullers London Pride - and Herts President Terry Trude said this week: "We welcome the sponsorship, which will help develop the game throughout the county. This is only the first step, as we are keen to seek sponsorship in other areas, notably our County Card scheme, which enables individual members to play at courses outside the county."
Mark Roberts, brand manager for London Pride, said golf was an important sport for them, and over many years they had been supplying beer to clubs throughout the country. They were now in their fourth year of sponsorship with the English Golf Union.
Hertfordshire, being very much in their heartland, with 60 great courses, offered an excellent opportunity.
"We will help kit out the county teams, and also invest in the development of the game as a whole, whether in the facilities, the players or the clubs themselves," he said.
"London Pride will sponsor the county team and the seniors, but will not be visible in junior golf. We will also supply banners, advertising boards where appropriate, and where possible prizes for competitions.
- 1 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
"Being associated with Hertfordshire golf will be very beneficial for us. The 19th hole is an important part of golf and enjoying a pint of London Pride is the perfect way to recount those golfing stories.
"This is very much a long term venture. Fullers is very keen to build relationships over time and really work together to benefit all parties involved.