Herts FA Community Awards nominees revealed
St Albans well represented
THE Herts FA has released the list of nominees for its annual Community Awards with St Albans well represented in the list.
St Albans based referee Phillip Evans has been nominated in the Most Promising Referee of the Year award while St Albans Rangers are in the running for Charter Standard Development Club of the Year.
St Albans City Youth will battle it out with Bishop’s Stortford Community FC and Royston Town Youth FC for the Charter Standard Community Club of the Year gong.
Ian Woods of St Albans City Youth FC will collect one of the county’s Workforce Awards for his service to the sport.
You may also want to watch:
The awards evening will be on Thursday, June 23, at Knebworth Barns and Nick Perchard, Hertfordshire FA chief executive, said: “I would like to thank everyone who made nominations for our County FA Awards. To receive the second highest number of nominations in England is a fantastic achievement.
“I want to take this opportunity to congratulate those who have been nominated for a category and commiserate with those who were unsuccessful this time. The standard of nominations we received this year shows just how much work is being done across Hertfordshire to make football better for all that are involved in the game.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
“We hope all the nominees can attend the evening, it is a great way of thanking those who have made a real commitment to grassroots football.”