Herts derby time as Stortford visit the Park
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
ST ALBANS City have the chance to extend their unbeaten run to four games when they welcome Hertfordshire rivals Bishop’s Stortford to Clarence Park on Saturday.
The Saints are enjoying their best run of the season after following up their draw at league leaders Bromley with back-to-back victories over Havant & Waterlooville and Beckenham Town.
Steve Castle’s side currently lie 16th in Blue Square South with nine points, three points worse off than Bishop’s Stortford who sit in 11th.
Adam Martin returns from suspension following his red card at Bromley but Adam Everitt begins his three match suspension after getting sent off at Havant & Waterlooville.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Martin could come in for Rob Magwood who has been battling through the pain barrier with injury while City will be hoping Hassan Sulaiman, Ben Martin and Inih Effiong are all able to shake off knocks before Saturday.
Bishop’s Stortford are sweating on the fitness of former City goalkeeper Nicky Eyre who is struggling with a groin injury but expect to welcome back striker Duane Jackman.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 8 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
Stortford boss Mark Simpson spoke to Bromley boss Mark Goldberg after the Hertfordshire side’s exit from the FA Cup and was given words of encouragement from Goldberg.
“He thinks we’ve got a great chance at St Albans, they’re a hard-working side, but not quick at the back,” said Simpson.
“We need to take our frustrations out on them, create a lot of chances and hit the back of the net a couple of times.”
For those of you who are unable to attend Saturday’s game you can keep up to date via our CITYLIVE coverage. The updates will get underway around 2.30pm