Herts derby time as Stortford visit the Park
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
ST ALBANS City have the chance to extend their unbeaten run to four games when they welcome Hertfordshire rivals Bishop’s Stortford to Clarence Park on Saturday.
The Saints are enjoying their best run of the season after following up their draw at league leaders Bromley with back-to-back victories over Havant & Waterlooville and Beckenham Town.
Steve Castle’s side currently lie 16th in Blue Square South with nine points, three points worse off than Bishop’s Stortford who sit in 11th.
Adam Martin returns from suspension following his red card at Bromley but Adam Everitt begins his three match suspension after getting sent off at Havant & Waterlooville.
Adam Martin could come in for Rob Magwood who has been battling through the pain barrier with injury while City will be hoping Hassan Sulaiman, Ben Martin and Inih Effiong are all able to shake off knocks before Saturday.
Bishop’s Stortford are sweating on the fitness of former City goalkeeper Nicky Eyre who is struggling with a groin injury but expect to welcome back striker Duane Jackman.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
- 9 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Stortford boss Mark Simpson spoke to Bromley boss Mark Goldberg after the Hertfordshire side’s exit from the FA Cup and was given words of encouragement from Goldberg.
“He thinks we’ve got a great chance at St Albans, they’re a hard-working side, but not quick at the back,” said Simpson.
“We need to take our frustrations out on them, create a lot of chances and hit the back of the net a couple of times.”
For those of you who are unable to attend Saturday’s game you can keep up to date via our CITYLIVE coverage. The updates will get underway around 2.30pm