Herts Advertiser Sunday League: Title secured by Harpenden Rovers Blue
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rovers Blue clinched the Herts Advertiser Sunday League Division Three title with a battling 3-0 win against New Green.
Steven John was their hero scoring all three goals, but their star award went to Aykan Gurgur.
Chasing the runners-up slot, Stonewood Res came away with a 2-1 victory after a Dan Hedges effort and an own goal.
Tony Warner was their outstanding player.
The Irish reply came from Lewis Cocomazzi with Nathan Ravenscroft-Fearon their outstanding player.
A Danny Hunter goal was enough to give Oaks all three points in their 1-0 win against Blackboy to complete the double. Robert Trotter was the Blackboy’s top player.
Nicholas Breakspear OB got back to Premier Division winning ways defeating New Jacks 5-1 with goals from star performer Trevor Stevens (two), David Parkinson (two) and Adam Wallace.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
AFC Rangers took their fourth point from Nascot Arms when defeating them 2-1 with goals from Dan Lovett and Scott Corley. Jamie Beaumont replied for the Arms side with Andrew Noonan their outstanding player.
A closely contested Division Four game saw AFC Mymms beat Harpenden Colts OB Res 4-3.
Ben Pegram scored with a 50 yard free-kick for Colts OB.
Marshalswick Rovers beat CHL 2-0 with a first half goal from Steve Bellard and a second half tap in for Jamie Moss.
Ten-man Wheathampstead ‘89 gave everything to secure a 4-0 Golding Handicap Cup Group A victory over Blacksmiths Arms.
Goals came from Alan Russell, Ross Evans and a brace from Jimmy Plummer. Man of match was Kelvin Caines.
Royston Rangers Res recorded their first ever win in emphatic style beating Brookmans Park A 3-0. Jesse Samson scored a brace with Kieran Thorne netting the other.
In Group B Royston Rangers put in one of their worst performances this season slumping 3-0 to TNF.
An outstanding performance from Division Four winners Pinewood saw them beat a Division Tow NBOB Reserves 3-0.
Goals came from George Milsted and two own goals.