Herts Advertiser Sunday League: Title secured by Harpenden Rovers Blue
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rovers Blue clinched the Herts Advertiser Sunday League Division Three title with a battling 3-0 win against New Green.
Steven John was their hero scoring all three goals, but their star award went to Aykan Gurgur.
Chasing the runners-up slot, Stonewood Res came away with a 2-1 victory after a Dan Hedges effort and an own goal.
Tony Warner was their outstanding player.
The Irish reply came from Lewis Cocomazzi with Nathan Ravenscroft-Fearon their outstanding player.
You may also want to watch:
A Danny Hunter goal was enough to give Oaks all three points in their 1-0 win against Blackboy to complete the double. Robert Trotter was the Blackboy’s top player.
Nicholas Breakspear OB got back to Premier Division winning ways defeating New Jacks 5-1 with goals from star performer Trevor Stevens (two), David Parkinson (two) and Adam Wallace.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
AFC Rangers took their fourth point from Nascot Arms when defeating them 2-1 with goals from Dan Lovett and Scott Corley. Jamie Beaumont replied for the Arms side with Andrew Noonan their outstanding player.
A closely contested Division Four game saw AFC Mymms beat Harpenden Colts OB Res 4-3.
Ben Pegram scored with a 50 yard free-kick for Colts OB.
Marshalswick Rovers beat CHL 2-0 with a first half goal from Steve Bellard and a second half tap in for Jamie Moss.
Ten-man Wheathampstead ‘89 gave everything to secure a 4-0 Golding Handicap Cup Group A victory over Blacksmiths Arms.
Goals came from Alan Russell, Ross Evans and a brace from Jimmy Plummer. Man of match was Kelvin Caines.
Royston Rangers Res recorded their first ever win in emphatic style beating Brookmans Park A 3-0. Jesse Samson scored a brace with Kieran Thorne netting the other.
In Group B Royston Rangers put in one of their worst performances this season slumping 3-0 to TNF.
An outstanding performance from Division Four winners Pinewood saw them beat a Division Tow NBOB Reserves 3-0.
Goals came from George Milsted and two own goals.