Herts Ad Sunday League: Warren clinches Challenge Cup for treble-winning Skew Bridge after Hitchcock’s hat-trick
- Credit: Archant
Mark Hitchcock scored a hat-trick as Skew Bridge fought back against Precision to lift the Challenge Cup and complete the treble.
Precision led 3-1 after half-time and 4-3 with five minutes to go but Hitchcock sent the game into extra-time with his third goal. With momentum in their favour, Ben Warren ensured Bridge lifted the cup with a towering header to win the tie.
Bridge also won the Premier Division and Herts Sunday Cup this season.
INTERMEDIATE CUP: Division Three side Stonewood made it a cup and league double by defeating Garston 2-1. Stonewood were generally in control and took the lead midway through the opening half with a fine headed goal from Grant Macaree. Early in the second half, Stonewood doubled their lead through top marksman Lee Newman. Jordan Manfre pulled a goal back for Division Two Garston but they rarely troubled Stonewood’s defence.
DIVISION TWO: Queens Head brought their 24th league season to an end with a 1-0 defeat against champions Blacksmiths Arms. Rhys Jacob scored the only goal.
You may also want to watch:
DIVISION THREE: Church End fell to a surprising 3-1 defeat against Radlett Village and now must record at least a draw against champions Stonewood on Sunday to win the runners-up slot. Radlett’s goals came from Dene Lewis, Danny Sharp and Darren Reed.
GD GOLDING CHALLENGE CUP TWO: Aaron Clarke scored twice to earn Six Bells a 2-2 draw against Wheathampstead ‘89.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
Results - May 10
Challenge Cup Final: Precision v Skew Bridge.
Intermediate Cup Final: Garston v Stonewood.
GD Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup Two: Wheathampstead ‘89 2 Six Bells 2.
Division Two: Queens Head 0 Blacksmiths Arms 1.
Division Three: Radlett Village 3 Church End 1.
Fixtures - May 17
Division Three: Stonewood v Church End.
GD Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup: Garston v Queens Head.