Herts Ad Sunday League: Stonewood clinch Division Three
- Credit: Archant
Stonewood avenged their cup loss to Church End by beating them 3-2 to claim the Division Three title.
Stonewood’s marksmen were Trevor Golder, Dan Hedges and Ashlee Kissiedo.
DIVISION FOUR: Runners-up Oaks brought their season to an end with a 3-2 win over Nicholas Breakspear 90. The goals came from Paul Gillard, Haydn Williams and Jon Woodward.
Champions Queens Head Reserves rounded off their season by beating Brookmans Park A 5-2. The goals came from Grant Hamilton (three), his first hat-trick of the season, Jak Hamilton and Lawrence Blow. Oliver Thomas scored both of Park’s goals.
Marshalswick Rovers recovered from two goals down before losing 3-2 to Phoenix A. Phoenix manager Jason Lohan came off the bench to score a thunderbolt winner after Rovers had cancelled out two Dan Leal goals.
You may also want to watch:
DIVISION FIVE: Harpenden Colts Reserves completed the double over Stonewood Reserves. Freddie Warner, Steven Inns and Max Mackenzie scored in the 3-2 win. Stonewood’s reply came from Reedan Pearce and Rudi Stevens.
GD GOLDING CHALLENGE CUP: Phoenix fell to a 2-1 defeat against Nicholas Breakspear Res, with their goal coming from Dan Burrows.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
GD GOLDING CHALLENGE CUP TWO: Three first half goals were enough to see Six Bells past Garston. Jack Massey, Aaron Clarke and James Pegrum put Bells in complete control of the game going into the break. Dexter Simpson pulled one back fro Garston before Massey scored his second to wrap up a 4-1 victory.
Brookmans Park came away from Wheathampstead 89 with a 5-3 victory thanks to goals from Callum Baylis (two), Luke Watling (two) and Joe Callum.
Results - April 16
G.D. Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup: NBOB Res 2 Phoenix 1, Queens Head v Pennine Spartans (home win).
G.D.Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup Two: Six Bells 4 Garston 1, Wheathampstead ‘89 3 Brookmans Park 5.
Premier Division: Nicholas Breakspear OB v Skew Bridge (away win).
Division Three: Church End 2 Stonewood 3.
Division Four: Nicholas Breakspear OB 90 2 Oaks 3, Phoenix ‘A’ 3 Marshalswick 3, Queens Head Res 5 Brookmans Park ‘A’ 2.
Division Five: Stonewood Res 2 Harpenden C OB Res 3.
Fixtures - May 3
G.D. Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup: Queens Head v Phoenix.
Premier Division: Vision v Nicholas Breakspear OB.
Division Three: Wheathampstead ‘89 v Church End.