Herts Ad Sunday League: Stonewood clinch Division Three
- Credit: Archant
Stonewood avenged their cup loss to Church End by beating them 3-2 to claim the Division Three title.
Stonewood’s marksmen were Trevor Golder, Dan Hedges and Ashlee Kissiedo.
DIVISION FOUR: Runners-up Oaks brought their season to an end with a 3-2 win over Nicholas Breakspear 90. The goals came from Paul Gillard, Haydn Williams and Jon Woodward.
Champions Queens Head Reserves rounded off their season by beating Brookmans Park A 5-2. The goals came from Grant Hamilton (three), his first hat-trick of the season, Jak Hamilton and Lawrence Blow. Oliver Thomas scored both of Park’s goals.
Marshalswick Rovers recovered from two goals down before losing 3-2 to Phoenix A. Phoenix manager Jason Lohan came off the bench to score a thunderbolt winner after Rovers had cancelled out two Dan Leal goals.
You may also want to watch:
DIVISION FIVE: Harpenden Colts Reserves completed the double over Stonewood Reserves. Freddie Warner, Steven Inns and Max Mackenzie scored in the 3-2 win. Stonewood’s reply came from Reedan Pearce and Rudi Stevens.
GD GOLDING CHALLENGE CUP: Phoenix fell to a 2-1 defeat against Nicholas Breakspear Res, with their goal coming from Dan Burrows.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
GD GOLDING CHALLENGE CUP TWO: Three first half goals were enough to see Six Bells past Garston. Jack Massey, Aaron Clarke and James Pegrum put Bells in complete control of the game going into the break. Dexter Simpson pulled one back fro Garston before Massey scored his second to wrap up a 4-1 victory.
Brookmans Park came away from Wheathampstead 89 with a 5-3 victory thanks to goals from Callum Baylis (two), Luke Watling (two) and Joe Callum.
Results - April 16
G.D. Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup: NBOB Res 2 Phoenix 1, Queens Head v Pennine Spartans (home win).
G.D.Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup Two: Six Bells 4 Garston 1, Wheathampstead ‘89 3 Brookmans Park 5.
Premier Division: Nicholas Breakspear OB v Skew Bridge (away win).
Division Three: Church End 2 Stonewood 3.
Division Four: Nicholas Breakspear OB 90 2 Oaks 3, Phoenix ‘A’ 3 Marshalswick 3, Queens Head Res 5 Brookmans Park ‘A’ 2.
Division Five: Stonewood Res 2 Harpenden C OB Res 3.
Fixtures - May 3
G.D. Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup: Queens Head v Phoenix.
Premier Division: Vision v Nicholas Breakspear OB.
Division Three: Wheathampstead ‘89 v Church End.