Herts Ad Sunday League: Skew Bridge lift Senior Cup
- Credit: Archant
Skew Bridge got revenge for last year’s Herts Sunday Senior Cup final defeat against Boars AFC with a 3-1 win over the same opponents.
Skew nearly opened the scoring in the first few minutes as man of the match Mark Hitchcock broke through and fired narrowly wide.
He wasn’t to be denied at the second time of asking, though, as he took a deft flick from Chris Jones in his stride and curled a shot into the bottom corner.
The second goal started with a long free-kick by Steve Hawes. Ben Martin beat the keeper to the aerial ball before calmly sweeping it into the net.
Trailing 2-0, Boar came out fighting in the second half but their attacks were dealt with by Nathan Dawes and Tom Smith.
You may also want to watch:
As the game past the hour mark, Skew Bridge but the tie beyond doubt as David Keenleyside released Hitchcock, who rounded the keeper and rolled the ball into the empty net.
The late introductions of Elliot Smith, Ben Dawes and Dan Bathurst almost saw Bridge increased their lead but, even a late consolation goal, was not going to change the result.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim