Jordan makes Hanburys pay the penalty as Welwyn Warriors claim victory
- Credit: Archant
A Josh Jordan penalty proved to be the only goal of the game as Welwyn Warriors beat Hanburys in Division Three of the Herts Advertiser Sunday League.
A heavy surface made life difficult for both teams although Hanburys had the first chance of the game with a free-kick that was well-saved by Tom Spratt.
The breakthrough came when Jordan nipped between keeper and centre-half and was brought down for the spot kick.
He almost made it two shortly after but hit the post.
The second half saw Warriors camped in their own half but a combination of resolute defending and a poor final ball from Hanburys saw the game finish 1-0 to the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Marshall, Steven Mee and Jordan were the standout performers for Welwyn.
Elsewhere Marshalswick Rovers fought back to draw 2-2 with Forza Watford, Alex and Jack Messam getting the goals.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
In Division Two St George beat Mermaid 4-2 thanks to singles for Tom Coates and Joe Smyth and a double for Robert Hadleigh.