Herts Ad Sunday League: Dolphin’s leap up the divisions ends as quickly as it begun
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden-based Dolphin enjoyed a meteoric rise in the Herts Ad Sunday League – although their star burned out just as quick.
They joined the league in 2004 and were placed in Division Four, proving themselves too strong as they lifted the title plus three cup competitions.
The Herts Junior Cup was claimed with a thumping 5-1 win over Greenacres, Simon Dean and Adam Price getting two each and Daniel Price one, while a 4-2 victory over Radlett Res courtesy of Dean, Adam Price and Scott Timmons goals, and a success over Dukes, the Price boys and Dean again scoring, lifted the league’s Intermediate and Junior Cups.
They lost just one and drew one as they swept through Division Three, placing Adam Price (69), Timmons (33), Dean (20), Dan Price (18), Wayne Carberry, Bradley Brickwell and Lloyd Mileham (all 11) in the division’s goalscoring charts.
The next season they were promoted to Division One and again proved too strong, winning the division by 13 points from Radlett. Adam Price, Timmons and Dean were again the hotshots, and great things were expected of them in the Premier Division.
But they folded before they managed to play, ending a remarkable few years.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star