Herts Ad Sunday League: Dolphin’s leap up the divisions ends as quickly as it begun
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden-based Dolphin enjoyed a meteoric rise in the Herts Ad Sunday League – although their star burned out just as quick.
They joined the league in 2004 and were placed in Division Four, proving themselves too strong as they lifted the title plus three cup competitions.
The Herts Junior Cup was claimed with a thumping 5-1 win over Greenacres, Simon Dean and Adam Price getting two each and Daniel Price one, while a 4-2 victory over Radlett Res courtesy of Dean, Adam Price and Scott Timmons goals, and a success over Dukes, the Price boys and Dean again scoring, lifted the league’s Intermediate and Junior Cups.
They lost just one and drew one as they swept through Division Three, placing Adam Price (69), Timmons (33), Dean (20), Dan Price (18), Wayne Carberry, Bradley Brickwell and Lloyd Mileham (all 11) in the division’s goalscoring charts.
The next season they were promoted to Division One and again proved too strong, winning the division by 13 points from Radlett. Adam Price, Timmons and Dean were again the hotshots, and great things were expected of them in the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
But they folded before they managed to play, ending a remarkable few years.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church