Herts Ad Sunday League: Edwards’ triple books Church End’s place in the final
- Credit: Archant
Church End bounced back from last weekend’s Herts Junior Cup final shootout defeat to reach the final of the Junior Cup.
They beat Wheathampstead ‘89 4-1, with a hat-trick from Carl Edwards and a single from Phil Jackman. Wheathampstead replied from the penalty spot.
DIVISION ONE: Skew Bridge Reserves secured a top two spot after a 1-1 draw with Precision. Phil Lythgoe came off the bench to snatch a point a keep Skew’s title hopes on track.
DIVISION FOUR: Goals by Paul Carsons and Haydn Williams earned Oaks a 2-2 draw against Nicholas Breakspear OB 90 and clinched the runners-up slot.
DIVISION FIVE: Max Mackenzie struck late to earn Harpenden Colts Reserves a 2-1 win over Bricket Wood. John Alsop put Wood in front but Freddie Warner hit back before the break.
You may also want to watch:
Wood goalkeeper Oliver Andrews kept Colts out for much of the second half but was finally beaten by Mackenzie’s left foot.
Results - April 5
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
Junior Cup Semi-Final: Wheathampstead ‘89 1 Church End 4.
Division One: FC Potters Bar 1 London Road 1, Precision 1 Skew Bridge Res 1.
Division Four: Oaks 2 Nicholas Breakspear OB 90 2, St Albans Royals 3 Herts Mauritians 1.
Division Five: Harpenden Colts OB Res 2 Bricket Wood 1.
Fixtures - April 12
Herts FA Sunday Intermediate Cup Final: Reed Rangers v The Bull & Jacks.
Intermediate Cup Semi-Final: The Snug Bar v Stonewood.
G.D. Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup: Queens Head v Phoenix.
G.D.Golding (Tailors) Handicap Challenge Cup Two: Brookmans Park v Six Bells, Garston v Phoenix Res.
Premier Division: Skew Bridge v Nicholas Breakspear OB.
Division One: London Road v Precision.
Division Two: Blacksmiths Arms v Pennine Spartans.
Division Three: Church End v St Albans Rangers, Radlett Village v Wheathampstead ‘89.
Division Four: Brookmans Park ‘A’ v Nicholas Breakspear OB 90, Marshalswick v AFC Welwyn, Phoenix ‘A’ v Herts Mauritians, Wheathampstead Crown v Queens Head Res.
Division Five: Harpenden Colts OB Res v Bradmore Rovers, Stonewood Reserves v AFC Mymms.