Herts Ad Sunday League set to celebrate 60 years in style as new teams flock to join
- Credit: Archant
The Herts Ad Sunday League heads into its 60th season full of optimism despite the previous campaign being suspended and voided due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The AGM, which this year was held on video conferencing software Zoom, saw nine new teams join the fray.
It brings the total in the league up to 50 and means there will be one new division added, with each of the five steps now holding 10 teams each.
AFC London Road, who were declared joint winners of the Herts Sunday Senior Cup after reaching the final last year, will have a reserve side play in Division One.
The new season will also see the introduction of Player Packs, Little Heath, Verulam Old Boys, Borehamwood Raiders, Borehamwood Rovers, Wheathampstead Wanderers, Welwyn Pegasus and FC Welwyn.
The make-up of the league for 2020-2021 is as follows:
Premier Division: AFC London Road, AFC Rangers, Blackberry Jacks, Brookmans Park, Hilltop, Phoenix, Plough & Harrow, Six Bells, Skew Bridge, The Beehive.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
Division One: AFC London Road Res, Blacksmiths, Borehamwood Rovers, BWSC, FC Welwyn, Harpenden Colts OB, Herts Lions, Hilltop Res, Snug Bar, Verulam OB.
Division Two: AFC Mymms, Harpenden Colts OB Res, Little Heath, New Greens, Oaks, Pinewood, Player Packs, St Georges, Welwyn Warriors, Wheathampstead 89.
Division Three: Borehamwood Raiders, Forza Watford, Hanburys, Mermaid, Phoenix Res, Royston Rangers, TNF, The Beehive Res, The Gate, Wheathampstead Wanderers.
Division Four: Brookmans Park Res, Hatfield Mosquitoes, Hatfield Seniors, Marshalswick Rovers, Phoenix A, Royston Rangers Res, St Albans Warriors, The Wrestlers, Welwyn Pegasus, Welwyn Warriors Res.
The committee for the 60th anniversary is made up of Roy Scott (president), Jim Lynch (chairman), Peter Fisher (secretary/referee secretary), Les Crabtree (Herts FA liaison secretary), Jean Hubball (treasurer), Brian Wright (registration secretary), Paul Mott (fixture secretary) plus Graham Coleman and Allan Johnston.
They hope to finalise all outstanding cup finals from the voided season at the start of the new year.