Hertfordshire unlikely to top group after Buckinghamshire loss
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire’s hopes of topping their Inter County Championship short mat bowls qualifying group suffered a blow this month after a 27-13 loss away to Buckinghamshire.
The two teams had face each other in October in Potters Bar with the visitors getting the upper hand in a 22-18 win.
there had only been one shot between the tow teams on that occassion, Bucks winning 195-194.
But it was a different story in High Wycombe as the home side turned up the heat taking the game by 218 ahots to 170.
The match reached the halfway point finally balanced with both counties scoring eight points each.
However Bucks were just ahead on shots.
Highlight of the first two sessions had to be a convincing 16-1 win for debutants Roy Duke and Sam Salmon alongside Margaret and Alan Hare in the final fours session.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 9 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Four bonus points in session three gave Buckinghamshire a narrow lead going into the final round but Hertfordshire couldn’t overturn that lead, gaining just one point after drawing one of the triples game.
Brian McGivern (Cuffley Hall)
Tony Gayler, Jeanette Gayler, Darren Stanford, Rebecca Nightingale, Margaret Regan, Roy Duke, Graham Yates, Peter Griffiths (St Margaret’s)
Pauline Taylor, John Taylor, Liz Bradley (Harpenden)
Aaron Jones, Jill Oakes, Audrey Fowler, Brian Fowler (Greenwood Park)
Margaret Hare, Sam Salmon, Alan Hare, Dorothy Hill (Letchworth)
Hertfordshire (Brian McGivern) 7, Buckinghamshire 24
Hertfordshire (Tony Gayler) 14, Buckinghamshire 11
Hertfordshire (Aaron Jones, Darren Stanford) 16, Buckinghamshire 11
Hertfordshire (Pauline Taylor, Jeanette Gayler) 8, Buckinghamshire 18
Hertfordshire (Rebecca Nightingale, Margaret Regan, Liz Bradley) 8 Buckinghamshire 18
Hertfordshire (Jill Oakes, Audrey Fowler, Brian Fowler) 14 Buckinghamshire 8
Hertfordshire (Graham Yates, Dorothy Hill, John Taylor, Peter Griffiths) 3 Buckinghamshire 24
Hertfordshire (Margaret Hare, Roy Duke, Sam Salmon, Alan Hare) 16 Buckinghamshire 1
Hertfordshire (Brian McGivern) 15, Buckinghamshire 9
Hertfordshire (Tony Gayler) 6, Buckinghamshire 14
Hertfordshire (Aaron Jones, Darren Stanford) 8, Buckinghamshire 19
Hertfordshire (Pauline Taylor, Jeanette Gayler) 20, Buckinghamshire 8
Hertfordshire (Rebecca Nightingale, Margaret Regan, Liz Bradley) 10, Buckinghamshire 16
Hertfordshire (Jill Oakes, Audrey Fowler, Brian Fowler) 9, Buckinghamshire 9
Hertfordshire (Graham Yates, Dorothy Hill, John Taylor, Peter Griffiths) 6, Buckinghamshire 16
Hertfordshire (Margaret Hare, Roy Duke, Sam Salmon, Alan Hare) 10, Buckinghamshire 12