Henry bags a brace as St Albans City win at Cirencester Town
ST ALBANS City stretched their unbeaten run to 12 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division matches with a 2-0 win away at Cirencester Town on Saturday.
Chris Henry struck twice in the first half at The Corinium Stadium to see off the already relegated Town.
City, who will finish outside of the play-off places, took the lead on 25 minutes as the club’s April player of the month David Ijaha picked out Howard Newton and his run and cross was converted by Henry.
Less than 10 minutes later Henry struck again.
This time forward Simon Martin blocked a Cirencester clearance with the ball dropping to Henry and he slotted his second of the day.
You may also want to watch:
A fine display from Saints keeper Nick Jupp ensured he, and his side, did not concede as they secured their 17th win of the term.
St Albans host Chippenham Town on Saturday in their final home league game of the season, they end the campaign at Brackley Town the following weekend.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly