Henry bags a brace as St Albans City win at Cirencester Town
ST ALBANS City stretched their unbeaten run to 12 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division matches with a 2-0 win away at Cirencester Town on Saturday.
Chris Henry struck twice in the first half at The Corinium Stadium to see off the already relegated Town.
City, who will finish outside of the play-off places, took the lead on 25 minutes as the club’s April player of the month David Ijaha picked out Howard Newton and his run and cross was converted by Henry.
Less than 10 minutes later Henry struck again.
This time forward Simon Martin blocked a Cirencester clearance with the ball dropping to Henry and he slotted his second of the day.
You may also want to watch:
A fine display from Saints keeper Nick Jupp ensured he, and his side, did not concede as they secured their 17th win of the term.
St Albans host Chippenham Town on Saturday in their final home league game of the season, they end the campaign at Brackley Town the following weekend.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 8 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works