Henry bags a brace as St Albans City win at Cirencester Town
ST ALBANS City stretched their unbeaten run to 12 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division matches with a 2-0 win away at Cirencester Town on Saturday.
Chris Henry struck twice in the first half at The Corinium Stadium to see off the already relegated Town.
City, who will finish outside of the play-off places, took the lead on 25 minutes as the club’s April player of the month David Ijaha picked out Howard Newton and his run and cross was converted by Henry.
Less than 10 minutes later Henry struck again.
This time forward Simon Martin blocked a Cirencester clearance with the ball dropping to Henry and he slotted his second of the day.
A fine display from Saints keeper Nick Jupp ensured he, and his side, did not concede as they secured their 17th win of the term.
St Albans host Chippenham Town on Saturday in their final home league game of the season, they end the campaign at Brackley Town the following weekend.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep