Saints away to Hemel called off because of COVID-19 cases
- Credit: ZAC GOODWIN/PA
St Albans City's festive plans have been plunged into disarray after a number of COVID-19 cases in Ian Allinson's squad.
Their game away to Hemel Hempstead Town today (Boxing Day) has already been called off and with a seven-day isolation period for those who tested positive but are double-vaccinated, 10 days for the others, it is expected that the Oxford City game on Tuesday, December 28, will also be postponed.
There is also the possibility that the home game against the Tudors on January 2 will be another victim although for the time being both that and the Oxford match remain on.
A short statement on the club's website said: "Sadly, due to a number of COVID-19 cases in our camp, the Boxing Day fixture away at Hemel Hempstead Town has been called off.
"Hemel Hempstead Town have confirmed that anyone who has pre-purchased a ticket online will be refunded."
Saints have also confirmed the goalkeeper Coniah Boyce-Clark has returned to parent club Reading after the expiration of his loan contract.
Allinson had wanted to keep the 18-year-old for another month to bolster his side over the busy Christmas and early January period.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
Boyce-Clark played five times in his brief stay at Clarence Park, including the second round FA Cup game with Boreham Wood, and kept three clean sheets.