Heineken Cup final: “Big game” experience will see Saracens to victory
- Credit: Archant
Richard Wigglesworth believes Saracens’ “big game experience” will see them past Toulon in this weekend’s Heineken Cup final in Cardiff.
Saracens came through a tough quarter-final against 14-man Ulster before trampling Clermont Auvergne 46-6 to book a spot in Saturday’s final against Jonny Wilkinson and co.
The scrum-half said the players’ experience both domestically and internationally will see them to victory.
“I definitely think we can win it,” he said.
“You have to put yourself in a position to win it and then in the big weeks show up and get it right. We didn’t do that last year but have done in the past. We’ll endeavour to get it right this year, win the big games and enjoy ourselves.
You may also want to watch:
“One thing this year, with internationals, the young guys have got big game experiences. Owen [Farrell] Billy and Mako [Vunipolo] are young guys who are seriously talented and now have really big games under their belt so nothing new to any of them playing in top end games.”
Saturday’s final kicks off at 5pm in the Millennium Stadium.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
Under Armour athlete Richard Wigglesworth trains in ArmourVent, the latest mesh innovation designed to keep you cool in the heat, and UA SpeedForm Apollo, a running shoe crafted in a clothing factory for precision fit, feel and comfort. For more information, visit www.UnderArmour.com