Heineken Cup final: “Big game” experience will see Saracens to victory
- Credit: Archant
Richard Wigglesworth believes Saracens’ “big game experience” will see them past Toulon in this weekend’s Heineken Cup final in Cardiff.
Saracens came through a tough quarter-final against 14-man Ulster before trampling Clermont Auvergne 46-6 to book a spot in Saturday’s final against Jonny Wilkinson and co.
The scrum-half said the players’ experience both domestically and internationally will see them to victory.
“I definitely think we can win it,” he said.
“You have to put yourself in a position to win it and then in the big weeks show up and get it right. We didn’t do that last year but have done in the past. We’ll endeavour to get it right this year, win the big games and enjoy ourselves.
“One thing this year, with internationals, the young guys have got big game experiences. Owen [Farrell] Billy and Mako [Vunipolo] are young guys who are seriously talented and now have really big games under their belt so nothing new to any of them playing in top end games.”
Saturday’s final kicks off at 5pm in the Millennium Stadium.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 4 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 5 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 6 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 7 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 8 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 9 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 10 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
Under Armour athlete Richard Wigglesworth trains in ArmourVent, the latest mesh innovation designed to keep you cool in the heat, and UA SpeedForm Apollo, a running shoe crafted in a clothing factory for precision fit, feel and comfort. For more information, visit www.UnderArmour.com