Heineken Cup final: “Big game” experience will see Saracens to victory
- Credit: Archant
Richard Wigglesworth believes Saracens’ “big game experience” will see them past Toulon in this weekend’s Heineken Cup final in Cardiff.
Saracens came through a tough quarter-final against 14-man Ulster before trampling Clermont Auvergne 46-6 to book a spot in Saturday’s final against Jonny Wilkinson and co.
The scrum-half said the players’ experience both domestically and internationally will see them to victory.
“I definitely think we can win it,” he said.
“You have to put yourself in a position to win it and then in the big weeks show up and get it right. We didn’t do that last year but have done in the past. We’ll endeavour to get it right this year, win the big games and enjoy ourselves.
You may also want to watch:
“One thing this year, with internationals, the young guys have got big game experiences. Owen [Farrell] Billy and Mako [Vunipolo] are young guys who are seriously talented and now have really big games under their belt so nothing new to any of them playing in top end games.”
Saturday’s final kicks off at 5pm in the Millennium Stadium.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
Under Armour athlete Richard Wigglesworth trains in ArmourVent, the latest mesh innovation designed to keep you cool in the heat, and UA SpeedForm Apollo, a running shoe crafted in a clothing factory for precision fit, feel and comfort. For more information, visit www.UnderArmour.com