Heavy defeat for Tabard at Walsham
Tabard once again found themselves letting in early tries and, in spite of a good period in the second half, they could not get themselves back into the game and ended up losing to North Walsham 41-5.
Efforts to prevent the effects of the long journey time to North Walsham by a good warm up routine failed to come to fruition as Tabard found themselves caught flat footed as Walsham ran in the two early tries, both scored from kicks ahead.
Tabard then got their act together on defence and Walsham had to fight to convert their possession into points until the final 10 minutes of the half when the hosts scored another two tries.
Trailing 24-0, Tabard scored quickly after the break when quick ball saw Brad Webber go over in the corner for a deserved try.
Tabard continued to put pressure on Walsham but they could not break the try line.
You may also want to watch:
As the game moved into the final quarter, the Tabard effort waned and Walsham were able to pick up three more tries.
This weekend Tabard are at home to Colchester, kick off 2:15 pm.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests