Heath twice left to rue late goals
FOOTBALL ROUND-UP: IT’S been a tough start to the new Spartan South Midlands Premier Division season for Colney Heath.
The Magpies have suffered successive 3-2 defeats in the opening fixtures against Hadley and Oxhey Jets.
The defeat to Hadley was particularly painful for new managers Kevin Cooper and Glenn Draper as they saw their side throw away a 2-1 lead inside the last five minutes.
Things had started well for Heath as goals from Ian Cooper (penalty) and Anthony Murray cancelled out Ricky Gibbs’ 12th minute opener.
The visitors had the final say though as Tom Milton and David Pearce struck in the 85th and 89th minutes to send Hadley home with the points.
You may also want to watch:
It was a similar story on Tuesday night as Lee Inch netted a 93rd minute winner for Oxhey.
Dean Parratt got Heath off to a flying start breaking the deadlock inside two minutes but Steve Brown soon equalised. Ian Cooper restored the Magpies’ lead in the 24th minute but an equaliser eight minutes from time from Lewis Putman set the stage for Inch to seal all three points for Oxhey.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
* St Peter’s suffered a 1-0 defeat to Bovingdon in HSC Premier Division while Sandridge shared four goals with Standon & Puckeridge.
In Division One Belstone beat Bushey Rangers 2-1.