Heath twice left to rue late goals
FOOTBALL ROUND-UP: IT’S been a tough start to the new Spartan South Midlands Premier Division season for Colney Heath.
The Magpies have suffered successive 3-2 defeats in the opening fixtures against Hadley and Oxhey Jets.
The defeat to Hadley was particularly painful for new managers Kevin Cooper and Glenn Draper as they saw their side throw away a 2-1 lead inside the last five minutes.
Things had started well for Heath as goals from Ian Cooper (penalty) and Anthony Murray cancelled out Ricky Gibbs’ 12th minute opener.
The visitors had the final say though as Tom Milton and David Pearce struck in the 85th and 89th minutes to send Hadley home with the points.
You may also want to watch:
It was a similar story on Tuesday night as Lee Inch netted a 93rd minute winner for Oxhey.
Dean Parratt got Heath off to a flying start breaking the deadlock inside two minutes but Steve Brown soon equalised. Ian Cooper restored the Magpies’ lead in the 24th minute but an equaliser eight minutes from time from Lewis Putman set the stage for Inch to seal all three points for Oxhey.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
* St Peter’s suffered a 1-0 defeat to Bovingdon in HSC Premier Division while Sandridge shared four goals with Standon & Puckeridge.
In Division One Belstone beat Bushey Rangers 2-1.