Heath twice left to rue late goals
FOOTBALL ROUND-UP: IT’S been a tough start to the new Spartan South Midlands Premier Division season for Colney Heath.
The Magpies have suffered successive 3-2 defeats in the opening fixtures against Hadley and Oxhey Jets.
The defeat to Hadley was particularly painful for new managers Kevin Cooper and Glenn Draper as they saw their side throw away a 2-1 lead inside the last five minutes.
Things had started well for Heath as goals from Ian Cooper (penalty) and Anthony Murray cancelled out Ricky Gibbs’ 12th minute opener.
The visitors had the final say though as Tom Milton and David Pearce struck in the 85th and 89th minutes to send Hadley home with the points.
It was a similar story on Tuesday night as Lee Inch netted a 93rd minute winner for Oxhey.
Dean Parratt got Heath off to a flying start breaking the deadlock inside two minutes but Steve Brown soon equalised. Ian Cooper restored the Magpies’ lead in the 24th minute but an equaliser eight minutes from time from Lewis Putman set the stage for Inch to seal all three points for Oxhey.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 5 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 6 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 7 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 8 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 10 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
* St Peter’s suffered a 1-0 defeat to Bovingdon in HSC Premier Division while Sandridge shared four goals with Standon & Puckeridge.
In Division One Belstone beat Bushey Rangers 2-1.