Heath still unbeaten in 2014
Colney Heath remain unbeaten in 2014 and a win on Saturday has them just behind the top three.
After many of the club’s members and officials worked tirelessly on the pitch, it was passed for play so the Magpies could host Holmer Green in the SSML Premier Division.
It was a heavy pitch due to the recent weather but regardless, both teams tried to make the most of it and gain an early advantage.
The Magpies opened the scoring through Kevin Ashwood but were pegged back to 1-1.
The next goal arrived in second half as Dave Parkinson netted and it turned out to be the winner.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies sit fourth in the league, 11 points off second placed Berkhamsted but with four games in hand. Ampthill Town lead the league with a four-point cushion.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 8 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions