Heath still unbeaten in 2014
Colney Heath remain unbeaten in 2014 and a win on Saturday has them just behind the top three.
After many of the club’s members and officials worked tirelessly on the pitch, it was passed for play so the Magpies could host Holmer Green in the SSML Premier Division.
It was a heavy pitch due to the recent weather but regardless, both teams tried to make the most of it and gain an early advantage.
The Magpies opened the scoring through Kevin Ashwood but were pegged back to 1-1.
The next goal arrived in second half as Dave Parkinson netted and it turned out to be the winner.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies sit fourth in the league, 11 points off second placed Berkhamsted but with four games in hand. Ampthill Town lead the league with a four-point cushion.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park