Heath put up a fight against League Two Stevenage but exit Herts Senior Cup
League Two Stevenage knocked Colney Heath out of the Herts Senior Cup on Tuesday.
At home against the best team in the competition, the Magpies found the net to half the lead but Graham Westley’s side proved too good and ran out 3-1 winners.
Playing against Boro was a tantalising prospect for SSML Premier Division Heath but they were made fully aware of the size of their task in the 15th minute when Roarie Deacon opened the scoring.
Former Wealdstone winger Tom Pett added a second four minutes later, giving Heath an unassailable mountain to climb.
To their credit, substitute Andy Gunn pulled a goal back for the Magpies following Andy Bond’s red card but Pett wrapped up the win 10 minutes from time to see Boro through to the next round.
You may also want to watch:
• Heath progressed through to round two of the FA Vase on Saturday with a 3-2 win over Kirkley and Pakefield.
Ben Awad, Carl Resch and Jay Welsh scored first-half goals in the victory.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans