Heath put up a fight against League Two Stevenage but exit Herts Senior Cup
League Two Stevenage knocked Colney Heath out of the Herts Senior Cup on Tuesday.
At home against the best team in the competition, the Magpies found the net to half the lead but Graham Westley’s side proved too good and ran out 3-1 winners.
Playing against Boro was a tantalising prospect for SSML Premier Division Heath but they were made fully aware of the size of their task in the 15th minute when Roarie Deacon opened the scoring.
Former Wealdstone winger Tom Pett added a second four minutes later, giving Heath an unassailable mountain to climb.
To their credit, substitute Andy Gunn pulled a goal back for the Magpies following Andy Bond’s red card but Pett wrapped up the win 10 minutes from time to see Boro through to the next round.
You may also want to watch:
• Heath progressed through to round two of the FA Vase on Saturday with a 3-2 win over Kirkley and Pakefield.
Ben Awad, Carl Resch and Jay Welsh scored first-half goals in the victory.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters