Heath progress in Vase
FA Vase First Qualifying Round Colney Heath 2 Sporting Bengal United 1 GOALS from Kevin Ashwood and Jon Donoghue secured Colney Heath s place in the second qualifying round of the FA Vase as they overcame Sporting Bengal United 2-1. Ashwood put Heath in f
FA Vase First Qualifying Round
Colney Heath 2 Sporting Bengal United 1
GOALS from Kevin Ashwood and Jon Donoghue secured Colney Heath's place in the second qualifying round of the FA Vase as they overcame Sporting Bengal United 2-1.
Ashwood put Heath in front four minutes before the interval. Scott Lacey and Wes Awad's team had to wait until the 86th minute to add to their advantage when substitute Donoghue rose highest to head home.
The visitors ensured the final few minutes would be nervous for Heath, pulling a goal back immediately through Amando Hall but the Magpies held on for the victory.
Colney Heath's reward for winning is an away tie with Brimsdown Rovers, the team they beat 1-0 on the opening day of the season. The game will take place on Saturday, September 19.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Colney Heath: Daley; Ashton, Teasdale, Dowling, Beaumont; Ashwood, Deacon, Coombs, Clarke; Jackman, Cooper. Subs: D Parratt, Stevens, Donoghue, Blackman, James.
This weekend the Magpies travel to Tring Athletic looking to continue their three game winning streak at the top of the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division.