Heath lose twice
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division Berkhamsted Town 4 Colney Heath 2 Challenge Trophy Langford 3 Colney Heath 0 FOUR goals in fifteen second-half minutes gave Berkhamsted the points as Colney Heath slipped to yet another defeat. The home sid
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
Berkhamsted Town 4 Colney Heath 2
Langford 3 Colney Heath 0
You may also want to watch:
FOUR goals in fifteen second-half minutes gave Berkhamsted the points as Colney Heath slipped to yet another defeat.
The home side opened the scoring in the 50th minute when Ryan Blake raced through the Colney defence and fired past Tom Blackman for his first senior goal. Berko doubled their lead five minutes later when Blake turned provider, crossing for Ashley Addison to score. Blake then scored his second in the 57th minute, smashing a wonderful shot past Blackman.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Phil Jackman pulled a goal back for Heath 20 minutes from time, firing home at the third attempt after Kevin Turnham had saved and the rebound was blocked. The hosts restored their lead in the 73rd minute when Sean Biswell rose highest to head home. Jackman added a second from an acute angle with two minutes remaining but it was little more than a consolation.
Colney Heath: Blackman, Teasdale, Paratusic, Winger, Muthusamy, Jordan, Eames, Deacon, Howard, Jackman, J.Parratt. Subs: Ashton, Stevens, Clarke, Dowling, Spong.
l Colney Heath were knocked out of the Challenge Trophy on Tuesday night.
Hosts Langford proved too strong for Heath and Ryan Mitchell gave them the lead in the 20th minute. Langford doubled their lead nine minutes after the break when Adam Pitcairn scored. The result was sealed eight minutes from time when Lee Pateman added a third.