Heath lose twice
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division Berkhamsted Town 4 Colney Heath 2 Challenge Trophy Langford 3 Colney Heath 0 FOUR goals in fifteen second-half minutes gave Berkhamsted the points as Colney Heath slipped to yet another defeat. The home sid
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
Berkhamsted Town 4 Colney Heath 2
Langford 3 Colney Heath 0
FOUR goals in fifteen second-half minutes gave Berkhamsted the points as Colney Heath slipped to yet another defeat.
The home side opened the scoring in the 50th minute when Ryan Blake raced through the Colney defence and fired past Tom Blackman for his first senior goal. Berko doubled their lead five minutes later when Blake turned provider, crossing for Ashley Addison to score. Blake then scored his second in the 57th minute, smashing a wonderful shot past Blackman.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 9 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 10 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
Phil Jackman pulled a goal back for Heath 20 minutes from time, firing home at the third attempt after Kevin Turnham had saved and the rebound was blocked. The hosts restored their lead in the 73rd minute when Sean Biswell rose highest to head home. Jackman added a second from an acute angle with two minutes remaining but it was little more than a consolation.
Colney Heath: Blackman, Teasdale, Paratusic, Winger, Muthusamy, Jordan, Eames, Deacon, Howard, Jackman, J.Parratt. Subs: Ashton, Stevens, Clarke, Dowling, Spong.
l Colney Heath were knocked out of the Challenge Trophy on Tuesday night.
Hosts Langford proved too strong for Heath and Ryan Mitchell gave them the lead in the 20th minute. Langford doubled their lead nine minutes after the break when Adam Pitcairn scored. The result was sealed eight minutes from time when Lee Pateman added a third.