Heath held at home
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division Colney Heath 3 Leverstock Green 3 A STORMING second half comeback saw Colney Heath earn a 3-3 draw with Leverstock Green and end a run of four straight defeats. Heath shaded the early exchanges but were dealt
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
Colney Heath 3 Leverstock Green 3
A STORMING second half comeback saw Colney Heath earn a 3-3 draw with Leverstock Green and end a run of four straight defeats.
Heath shaded the early exchanges but were dealt a massive blow when Leverstock went 2-0 up inside 16 minutes.
With 12 minutes on the clock, a throw-in was flicked on and Daniel Griggs was on hand to volley the ball into the ground and over Magpies 'keeper Tom Blackman.
Things got worse for Heath as the visitors extended their lead as David Parkinson nipped in and fired past Blackman with a little over a quarter of an hour gone.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Heath reduced the deficit 10 minutes later when a mix up in the Leverstock Green defence gifted Aaron Clarke with an empty net to place his header into.
Heath were unlucky not to have a penalty awarded when goalkeeper Thomas spilled a cross and appeared to bring a Magpies player down but nothing was awarded.
The home side were dealt a further blow in first half stoppage time when Green grabbed a third.
A cross-field ball found James Armstrong, who laid the ball back for Griggs to drill home a shot low into the corner for his second goal of the match.
The second period was a complete opposite though as Heath went about avoiding a fifth straight defeat.
Ant Muthasamy headed against the bar just before the hour before management duo Scott Lacey and Wes Awad introduced Richard Howard and John Donoghue.
With 20 minutes remaining Howard struck a superb volley into the top corner of the net from the edge of the area for his 25th goal of the season and just four minutes later the teams were level.
A cross came in from the right and Donoghue headed home at the near post for his first goal in Magpies colours since his move from Kentish Town.
Colney Heath: Blackman, Teasdale, Dowling, Gerber, Muthusamy, Jordan, D.Parratt, Deacon, Jackman, Clarke, Eames. Subs: Donoghue, Winger, Howard, Paratusic, Stevens.