Heath have Hemel tie to play for
News of Colney Heath’s FA draw
COLNEY Heath have the carrot of a possible FA Cup tie with Hemel Hempstead to play after following the draw of the early rounds of the competition.
The Magpies will first have to overcome Langford and then Brentwood to set up the tie with Hemel.
The club’s pre-season schedule kicks off on Saturday, July 16 when they welcome Potten United to the Recreation Ground (3pm) before then entertaining Baldock Town (7pm) on Tuesday, July 19.
A trip to Shoreham FC in Sussex (3pm) has been arranged for July 23 ahead of a game at Wormley Rovers (7pm) on Tuesday, July 26.
You may also want to watch:
The interestingly named Crouch End Vampires (7pm) provide the opposition at the Recreation Ground on Thursday, July 28 before two more games on the road at Biggleswade Town (July 30, 7pm) and Met Police Bushey (August 2, 6.45pm).
Local rivals St Albans City (7.30pm) will send a side to the village on Thursday, August 4 ahead of the final friendly of the summer at home to Cheshunt (3pm) on Saturday, August 6.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The Magpies then turn their attentions to the Herts Charity Shield with a tie against Harpenden Town (7.45pm) set for August 8, before the league action gets underway on Saturday, August 13.