Heath have Hemel tie to play for
News of Colney Heath’s FA draw
COLNEY Heath have the carrot of a possible FA Cup tie with Hemel Hempstead to play after following the draw of the early rounds of the competition.
The Magpies will first have to overcome Langford and then Brentwood to set up the tie with Hemel.
The club’s pre-season schedule kicks off on Saturday, July 16 when they welcome Potten United to the Recreation Ground (3pm) before then entertaining Baldock Town (7pm) on Tuesday, July 19.
A trip to Shoreham FC in Sussex (3pm) has been arranged for July 23 ahead of a game at Wormley Rovers (7pm) on Tuesday, July 26.
You may also want to watch:
The interestingly named Crouch End Vampires (7pm) provide the opposition at the Recreation Ground on Thursday, July 28 before two more games on the road at Biggleswade Town (July 30, 7pm) and Met Police Bushey (August 2, 6.45pm).
Local rivals St Albans City (7.30pm) will send a side to the village on Thursday, August 4 ahead of the final friendly of the summer at home to Cheshunt (3pm) on Saturday, August 6.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
The Magpies then turn their attentions to the Herts Charity Shield with a tie against Harpenden Town (7.45pm) set for August 8, before the league action gets underway on Saturday, August 13.