Heath ease FA Cup frustration with four-goal rout of Oxhey
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath put the disappointment of exiting the FA Cup behind them by romping to victory in the Dudley Statham Premier Division Cup.
The Magpies were knocked out in the FA Cup preliminary round in the cruelest of fashion on Saturday. After having two disallowed goals, Bowers and Pitsea’s Luke Wilson netted an injury-time winner.
With manager Wes Awad looking for a response, Heath duly delivered by routing Oxhey Jets 4-0.
An early goal settled the Magpies as Josh Humbert headed home from an Jamie Eames corner, won after a Aaron Clarke header was tipped over.
Clarke doubled the advantage when put through from a Ricky Perks long ball and coolly lobbed the goalkeeper.
After the half-time break, the Magpies continue as they left off and the third goal was finished well by Brett O’Connor, and the icing on the cake was the fourth goal as Danny Fitzgerald burst into the box and finished under the goalkeeper.
Humbert hit the bar and Eames went close as the Magpies responded superbly to the FA Cup loss.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 4 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 5 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 6 Man breaks ankle during 'assault' in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 8 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 9 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
- 10 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
Heath travel to London Tigers in round two on October 28.