Heath ease FA Cup frustration with four-goal rout of Oxhey
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath put the disappointment of exiting the FA Cup behind them by romping to victory in the Dudley Statham Premier Division Cup.
The Magpies were knocked out in the FA Cup preliminary round in the cruelest of fashion on Saturday. After having two disallowed goals, Bowers and Pitsea’s Luke Wilson netted an injury-time winner.
With manager Wes Awad looking for a response, Heath duly delivered by routing Oxhey Jets 4-0.
An early goal settled the Magpies as Josh Humbert headed home from an Jamie Eames corner, won after a Aaron Clarke header was tipped over.
Clarke doubled the advantage when put through from a Ricky Perks long ball and coolly lobbed the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
After the half-time break, the Magpies continue as they left off and the third goal was finished well by Brett O’Connor, and the icing on the cake was the fourth goal as Danny Fitzgerald burst into the box and finished under the goalkeeper.
Humbert hit the bar and Eames went close as the Magpies responded superbly to the FA Cup loss.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Heath travel to London Tigers in round two on October 28.