Heath ease FA Cup frustration with four-goal rout of Oxhey
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath put the disappointment of exiting the FA Cup behind them by romping to victory in the Dudley Statham Premier Division Cup.
The Magpies were knocked out in the FA Cup preliminary round in the cruelest of fashion on Saturday. After having two disallowed goals, Bowers and Pitsea’s Luke Wilson netted an injury-time winner.
With manager Wes Awad looking for a response, Heath duly delivered by routing Oxhey Jets 4-0.
An early goal settled the Magpies as Josh Humbert headed home from an Jamie Eames corner, won after a Aaron Clarke header was tipped over.
Clarke doubled the advantage when put through from a Ricky Perks long ball and coolly lobbed the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
After the half-time break, the Magpies continue as they left off and the third goal was finished well by Brett O’Connor, and the icing on the cake was the fourth goal as Danny Fitzgerald burst into the box and finished under the goalkeeper.
Humbert hit the bar and Eames went close as the Magpies responded superbly to the FA Cup loss.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Heath travel to London Tigers in round two on October 28.