Heath drop two points at Stotfold
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath dropped two points against struggling Stotfold on Saturday as the SSML Premier Division got back underway after weeks of cancellations.
Sixteen places separate the side but it was the team in 20th that went ahead. Magpies’ goalkeeper Ricky Perks mis-handled a corner and the ball dropped over the line.
Loanee Elliot Bailey, who has now returned to St Albans City, came close to levelling the score before the break but he couldn’t connect with Dave Parkinson’s cross.
The equaliser arrived 90 seconds after the interval as Kevin Ashwood fired past Stotfold’s goalkeeper.
Despite being in control of possession, chances were few and far between for Heath. The game did liven up after various substitutions and the Magpies could have taken the lead through Aaron Clarke and Parkinson had the latter not slipped when advancing towards the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
As the final whistle approached it was Stotfold who should have nicked the three points as the ball was worked wide, crossed in from the right, and the ball was smashed over from six yards.
It was two points Heath could ill-afford to drop as they are now nine points off third placed Hanwell – this Saturday’s opponent.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land