Heath crash out of FA Cup
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round Tiptree United 3 Colney Heath 2 COLNEY Heath s FA Cup adventure ended at the first hurdle as they lost out 3-2 to Essex Senior League side Tiptree United. Heath were behind as early as the 10th minute as goalkeeper Paul Da
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
Tiptree United 3 Colney Heath 2
COLNEY Heath's FA Cup adventure ended at the first hurdle as they lost out 3-2 to Essex Senior League side Tiptree United.
Heath were behind as early as the 10th minute as goalkeeper Paul Daley brought down Lee Underwood in the box and Tommy English dispatched the resulting spot kick home.
Jake Parratt had an effort held by Rutherford in the Tiptree goal while at the other end Nathan Clarke headed over the bar from a corner.
Amadou Gerber fired over the bar following a corner before Heath drew level in the 27th minute through striker Ian Cooper.
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 4 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 5 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 6 Club night revival in St Albans
- 7 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 8 Bahá’ís bring bench to St Albans parkland
- 9 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 10 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
A through ball split the Tiptree defence allowing Cooper to pounce and fire past Rutherford.
The hosts regained the lead eight minutes after the interval when English stabbed the ball home after Daley had saved his initial effort.
The game was an end-to-end affair with Daley denying English a hat-trick with a low save and George Deacon slicing a shot wide at the other end.
A period of sustained pressure from the Magpies saw Phil Jackman head over and the visitors wasted a good opportunity when they blazed over the bar after Tiptree 'keeper Rutherford was penalised for handling a back-pass.
Tiptree hit what proved to be the decisive goal with just minutes remaining. Liam White sent a long ball out from the back which Jamie Ricks latched onto and fired past Daley.
It proved a vital goal for the hosts as Heath hit back through Cooper but Tiptree held on to secure their place in the next round and a trip to Aylesbury United.
Colney Heath: Daley; Teasdale, Gerber, Courbould (Lacey 76), Dowling; Ashwood (D.Parratt 86), Deacon, Beaumont (Clarke 60), J.Parratt; Cooper, Jackman. Subs not used: Blackman, Stevens, Awad, Conway.