Heath crash out of FA Cup
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round Tiptree United 3 Colney Heath 2 COLNEY Heath s FA Cup adventure ended at the first hurdle as they lost out 3-2 to Essex Senior League side Tiptree United. Heath were behind as early as the 10th minute as goalkeeper Paul Da
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
Tiptree United 3 Colney Heath 2
COLNEY Heath's FA Cup adventure ended at the first hurdle as they lost out 3-2 to Essex Senior League side Tiptree United.
Heath were behind as early as the 10th minute as goalkeeper Paul Daley brought down Lee Underwood in the box and Tommy English dispatched the resulting spot kick home.
Jake Parratt had an effort held by Rutherford in the Tiptree goal while at the other end Nathan Clarke headed over the bar from a corner.
Amadou Gerber fired over the bar following a corner before Heath drew level in the 27th minute through striker Ian Cooper.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
A through ball split the Tiptree defence allowing Cooper to pounce and fire past Rutherford.
The hosts regained the lead eight minutes after the interval when English stabbed the ball home after Daley had saved his initial effort.
The game was an end-to-end affair with Daley denying English a hat-trick with a low save and George Deacon slicing a shot wide at the other end.
A period of sustained pressure from the Magpies saw Phil Jackman head over and the visitors wasted a good opportunity when they blazed over the bar after Tiptree 'keeper Rutherford was penalised for handling a back-pass.
Tiptree hit what proved to be the decisive goal with just minutes remaining. Liam White sent a long ball out from the back which Jamie Ricks latched onto and fired past Daley.
It proved a vital goal for the hosts as Heath hit back through Cooper but Tiptree held on to secure their place in the next round and a trip to Aylesbury United.
Colney Heath: Daley; Teasdale, Gerber, Courbould (Lacey 76), Dowling; Ashwood (D.Parratt 86), Deacon, Beaumont (Clarke 60), J.Parratt; Cooper, Jackman. Subs not used: Blackman, Stevens, Awad, Conway.