Heath bounce back after Vase defeat with league win
Colney Heath bounced back after exiting the FA Vase with a 4-1 win over London Lions in the SSML Premier Diviison.
Heath travelled to Hemel Hempstead Town’s ground to play against Lions on Saturday.
Facing a youthful Lions side, who occupied bottom spot in the table, the Magpies tried to set the tempo early on but found that their usual good passing game wasn’t functioning at the level that it had been recently.
It took till the 33rd minute to break down a stubborn Lions back line as Matt Standen appeared at the far post to slam the first goal and ease the team’s nerves.
After half-time, with the score 1-0, Lions came out quickly and levelled as the Magpies back line was caught square.
You may also want to watch:
Within five minutes, however, the game was beyond doubt as first Kevin Ashwood, with some assistance from the wind, put Heath ahead and Aaron Clarke made it 3-1 as he finished a good passing move.
Clarke scored his second and 20th goal of the season on 70 minutes and had several opportunities to get a deserved hat trick, but the final finish eluded him.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
The Magpies continued to press and probe at the Lions defence, who fought with resilience and managed not to concede any more before the final whistle.